GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

cb1111

In other words the main group we need to protect. The vaccine being effective at preventing death in a healthy 20 year old doesn't mean much when the data says they would have faired fine without it in the first place. How the vaccine should be judged is by its ability to protect the vulnerable.
Maybe you missed the last paragraph in my post.

Additionally, there is huge spike in hospital admissions in the ~20 year old population due to COViD and more 20 year olds on ventilators than ever before.

The virus basically says "shit, all the easy ones are vaccinated, let me go find somebody who isn't"

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Should the power grid have enough capacity to handle a heat wave in Texas? Yes for sure.

Should the homes be getting more energy efficient over time to reduce electricity demand? You bet.

Should some group of entitled fucks be able to run their ac at 70 during a time when it may cause massive rolling blackouts? Fuck no.

It's not just the generation capacity, there are also local power consumption limits dictated by infrastructure that need to be managed.

Let's be real here, a blackout negatively affects the poor more than the wealthy so I'm all for forced power demand management in emergency situations. But private industry shouldn't have control over it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It isn't quite that easy. About 10 years ago (before widespread use of smart technologies), Maryland (and I assume other states) offered the same deal, but they put a little device between your fuse box and your AC to accomplish the same thing.
It's that easy for me. They never did that in AZ. Was the Maryland thing opt in?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Should the power grid have enough capacity to handle a heat wave in Texas? Yes for sure.

Should the homes be getting more energy efficient over time to reduce electricity demand? You bet.

Should some group of entitled fucks be able to run their ac at 70 during a time when it may cause massive rolling blackouts? Fuck no.

It's not just the generation capacity, there are also local power consumption limits dictated by infrastructure that need to be managed.

Let's be real here, a blackout negatively affects the poor more than the wealthy so I'm all for forced power demand management in emergency situations. But private industry shouldn't have control over it.
So instead of fighting the income inequality gap, the ultra rich, and the system that serves the latter, you want to forbid people from setting their thermostat to the temp they want? Sounds like a legit channelling of efforts. Entitled 70degF a/c users are the true evil, fosho.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Which is better:

The whole grid goes down and everyone is hot. Some olds don't make it.

Or

Everyone is just slightly less cool but everyone lives.

Oh wait, I forgot it doesn't matter when the old pass on.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Which is better:

The whole grid goes down and everyone is hot. Some olds don't make it.

Or

Everyone is just slightly less cool but everyone lives.

Oh wait, I forgot it doesn't matter when the old pass on.
People can hang out in the shade. Jump in a pool. We survived millennia without electricity.
They're telling Tesla owners not to charge their cars...how many of those pricks do you think will comply??

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You call yourself whatever you like bro.

You literally just posted that all grass isn't green like that was some kind of wit.

Hairsplitter+Apologist.
You're the one who called me that. I didn't make it up. Call it whatever you want to. I call it accuracy. Grass is not always green.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
1624460156674.png