GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
On a serious note, I am legitimately wondering when/if they will allow health insurers to deny COVID coverage for the unvaccinated.
I have thought of this but vaccine mandates on a virus that has progressed to the next mutation is absurd and will likely lose in court.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Mégane RS is gorgeous, too. On the subject of that loose automotive DNA line, there's someone near me that owns a stout little R5 Turbo. The thing sounds mean.

They are so cool. I'd give Nicki Menaj my left nut to for one.

Most in here aren't old enough to remember, but Renault and Momo sponsored a racing series in the US for first the LeCar (US R5) and the Alliance (the predecessor to the Encore). My dad raced in both series when I was a kid. The races were wild, with 60 or so LeCars cornering on their door handles.

23533976471_62d9689b03_b.jpg
images (3) (2).jpeg
images (3) (3).jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Color me surprised, the FDA did not approve boosters for everyone. But they do recommend them for 65+
Like Cuomo and other Democrats, they are killing off the elderly.
@jimlloyd40 I WANT YOU TO LIVE, DON'T GET THE BOOSTER!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-pa...s-as-health-officials-debate-need-11631871003

View attachment 225675

Again, you missed the part where the surge actually started. You know, when they stopped masks and distancing. Notice how you're arrow doesn't point to the beginning of the surge.

But you knew that, because it's been pointed out at least 3 times to you.

You're willfully lying.

Reactions: WAP

cb1111

FWIW, there are some things taken out of context, for example, the 95% and 85-90% numbers here are not only from a single hospital in Israel -- Herzog Hospital -- but the numbers are from the wing in the hospital that exclusively treats the elderly (the highest-vaccinated age group). These numbers are not representative of the whole country. Here's a Bolivian article that clarifies and contextualizes some of this data from Israel.
It is false that the majority of critically hospitalized patients in Australia and Israel are vaccinated – Bolivia Verifies (boliviaverifica.bo)

Edit: spelling
There is so much wrong with that article that it doesn't even warrant trying to respond to each incorrect comment.

First, and foremost, Israel is not "fully vaccinated". When you take the younger population into consideration, then they are in the mid 50% region - far too low.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I'll pass on that source. Overall 60% of the hospitalized are fully vaccinated.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...s-in-israel-fully-vaccinated-study-finds.html

In other words they're still faring worse than unvaccinated. I understand more people are vaccinated than not in Israel, but if the vaccine is effective they should not make up the majority of hospitalizations.

This article suggests that the vaccinated are not faring worse than unvaccinated. Opposite, in fact.
Among older Israelis, serious COVID rate six times as high if unvaccinated | The Times of Israel
"Health Ministry data shows that among Israelis aged 60-plus, there are 16.6 people per 100,000 in serious condition. Among the unvaccinated the figure is 98.5."

An example. If we take a modest 60+ vax rate of 90% (I believe it's a bit higher, but this is a round number that makes an example easy). If we take that number and apply it to a round number like 10,000, we've got 9,000 vaccinated and 1,000 unvaccinated. Then if we take the serious condition rates from the Times of Israel article, we've then got 150 vaccinated people in serious condition, but only 100 unvaccinated people in serious condition. That is, inarguably, mostly vaccinated people in serious condition. Out of the 250 total people in serious condition in this example, 60% of them are fully vaccinated. It sure seems like the vaccinated are worse off than the unvaccinated.
But it's a mathematical illusion. This is how it can seem like vaccinated people are faring worse than unvaccinated, but really, out of this example, only
~1.7% of the total 9k vaccinated are in serious condition whereas ~10% of the total 1k unvaccinated are in serious condition. That certainly paints a different picture.

Reactions: WAP