GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

npace

Autocross Champion
Stalin never called farmers the enemies of the people. I swear, some opponents of Schwabb and co. are just as stupid as globalists and libtards. Smh.
No, he called Kulaks enemies of the people. These were people that were basically a little better off than peasants because they technically owned the land that they farmed. He put them in camps and committed genocide against them. This is well recorded, and I know you're a Soviet apologist, but there's really no denying that he ordered the mass slaughter of these people because they stood in the way of his collectivism scheme.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Sorry if my couple of simple examples of how humans cause climate change didn't sway you. Of course i know nothing i say will sway anyone's opinion in here. but yes, extracting resources from the land, displacing vast amounts of water, dumping waste into runoff areas, inserting tons of chemicals into the atmosphere and landscapes are all examples of things humans do. And these things, like it or not, do affect climate in small and massive ways

You shouldn't feel that you need to convince anyone in this thread about anything. Despite what some on the forum see as a shit show, we can have intelligent conversations about controversial topics in this thread. It doesn't have to devolve into the shit show unless people let it.

I enjoy having calm, rational discussions with people I may disagree with. Not that I disagree with your position on an upcoming extinction event sometime in the future. It's happened before, it could happen again, and this time, man could be the main cause. I just think that climate would be pretty low on the trigger list. Political instability would be my #1.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
10-4, im with you on that then!

My best friends and i all have quite different opinions on a wide variety of topics and we love discussing the nuance of it all at length. I really have very few in my circle that follow me that close lol

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Climate scam? To those who bristle at that phrase, I ask how is it possible for all these headlines to be true at once?
FZltRtrXoAIVOzV.jpeg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The truth is CO2 is great for the plants, ergo the planet. They create oxygen for crying out loud. An expert much older and more knowledgeable than me confirms this earlier in the thread.
Pollution is an issue, absolutely. CO2 emissions, not so much.
Higher energy costs are the result of Wall St speculation and greed, where are the regulations to prevent the next crash? It will be another corporate bail out as one hand washes the other.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
A magnetic shift in the poles will devastate us way before "excess" plant food causes a "significant" issue. Meanwhile taylor swift is apparently the most prolific private jet users in the US ,and still wants to jump on the bandwagon about everyone elses "environmental impact " 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Wrong again my friend. Now, mind you, I think there are bigger issues at stake than climate change for our lifetimes. Resource depletion, energy deficits, political turmoil, REAL viruses to worry about, nuclear war, general overpopulation problems, in general, the complexification of all human generated systems being subject to a forced simplifying. The negative effects of human caused climate change may only affect us slightly, and our children more, and in fact, the very simplification i mentioned may begin to aid in slight reversals of ongoing negative inputs, however by then the damage will be done on a massive % of current species on earth. once a species goes extinct it does not come back.

Here's one fun example of how humans have actually caused climate change directly. A fence was constructed across Australia to keep dingoes out for sheep farms on the other side. This caused overpopulation of kangaroos, which has turned much of the landscape arid. There are compounding effects such as affected weather patterns and increased risks for other native species on both sides of the fence. All of this caused by a seemingly simple action by humans. And in this case it has affected the climate and species at the same time.
Humans build things and terraform landscapes.
The changed landscapes affect where water is and how it travels, where animals can and can not live. These further change the landscape.
The more a landscape changes, the more the climate is affected.
Not all effects on climate are necessarily bad, but they can be human caused.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ch showed dingoes,wind flow and sand movement.

Another fun one is pesticides, among many other harmful human generated chemicals, being moved up to the arctic circle. As the arctic warms and melts, these chemicals will wash into our streams and oceans, affecting water supplies, plant life and aquatic life (which we eat). Now, i understand the ecosystem conditions are not climate, however many of the chemicals, including pesticides and fertilizers, actually increase the effects of sunrays which would otherwise not be there, which in turn perpetuate the warming of the arctic circle.
https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2020/08/06/pesticides-pollutants-arctic-glaciers/

Still think humans don't cause changes to the climate?
Have you ever noticed a different between walking or driving past a forest vs through a city?
View attachment 257731
Ok.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
No, he called Kulaks enemies of the people. These were people that were basically a little better off than peasants because they technically owned the land that they farmed. He put them in camps and committed genocide against them. This is well recorded, and I know you're a Soviet apologist, but there's really no denying that he ordered the mass slaughter of these people because they stood in the way of his collectivism scheme.
Kulaks were farmers that used the labor of the regular peasants. The former made up a small percentage of the population, the latter the vast majority. Most were not put in camps.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
A magnetic shift in the poles will devastate us way before "excess" plant food causes a "significant" issue. Meanwhile taylor swift is apparently the most prolific private jet users in the US ,and still wants to jump on the bandwagon about everyone elses "environmental impact " 🤷‍♂️
bc 10m ig

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer