GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
.99998 and .9999998 are the survival rates that were stated, survival is a binary outcome, therefore the probabilities of death (calculated from counts of the deceased) are equal to 1-.99998 and 1-.9999998, or .00002 and .0000002 respectively. These two numbers are 2 orders of magnitude apart and if you divide one by the other, you get 100 (which is the actual definition of 2 orders of magnitude in a base 10 system, which is what we all use). So Ian was correct in his statement that they understated deaths by 2 orders of magnitude or 100x.
Pretty savage man.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
There you go with the I know you are card again. And I only very recently said that I didn't verify information in someone's post because it was wasting my time. You seem to have plenty of time to do that but it's not important to me anymore. I'm just not going to spend the time necessary to do that research. Self aware of what you moron?

Like I said, the most un self aware person in the thread.

Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Be even funnier when you find out you have heart valve damage.
He didn't say that he has contracted the flu. Only that he hasn't gotten the shot for ten years. So how exactly would he have heart valve damage.
And you're a PA? It's a damn good thing you have actually stopped treating people.

It's amazing how you can read things into what people post that they didn't say.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
.99998 and .9999998 are the survival rates that were stated, survival is a binary outcome, therefore the probabilities of death (calculated from counts of the deceased) are equal to 1-.99998 and 1-.9999998, or .00002 and .0000002 respectively. These two numbers are 2 orders of magnitude apart and if you divide one by the other, you get 100 (which is the actual definition of 2 orders of magnitude in a base 10 system, which is what we all use). So Ian was correct in his statement that they understated deaths by 2 orders of magnitude or 100x.
Except that CDC themselves state the scenarios are not actual predictions of how many people will die:
"Are not predictions of the expected effects of COVID-19."

So screaming bloody murder about how these numbers are predicting "how many will die" and claiming zrick is saying it's okay for extra people to die is just playing with readers' emotions.