GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Him and everyone citing Bitcoin as a drain on resources is an idiot. Do people not understand printing paper money with ink takes up way more resources? Morons
That was just a BS excuse. The instability of the currency is why.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Him and everyone citing Bitcoin as a drain on resources is an idiot. Do people not understand printing paper money with ink takes up way more resources? Morons
That was just a BS excuse. The instability of the currency is why.
That and how often does anyone use physical currency anymore?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That and how often does anyone use physical currency anymore?

The only time I ever have physical money anymore is I take out cash to tip the alignment guy, because the shop let's me do my autocross alignments every month on a lifetime alignment.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
The only time I ever have physical money anymore is I take out cash to tip the alignment guy, because the shop let's me do my autocross alignments every month on a lifetime alignment.
Why are you finding the need to do an alignment every month doing autocross? I usually run a whole season of track days and even then most of the time the alignment is barely off.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Why are you finding the need to do an alignment every month doing autocross? I usually run a whole season of track days and even then most of the time the alignment is barely off.

First, I don't quite have it dialed in where I want it. I was getting there, and an inexperienced tech confused toe in and toe out, which took me a few months to figure out.

Second, my left rear toe and right rear camber are getting way out of whack. The car is only 2 years old, but the adjustment bolts might already be booked?

Had alignment set at...

Front -2.4 camber, 7.7 castor, .15 toe out.
Rear -1.5 camber and .15 toe out.

After last event, put it on the rack and left rear toe was -.29 and right rear camber -2.4.

Same issue event before that.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
First, I don't quite have it dialed in where I want it. I was getting there, and an inexperienced tech confused toe in and toe out, which took me a few months to figure out.

Second, my left rear toe and right rear camber are getting way out of whack. The car is only 2 years old, but the adjustment bolts might already be booked?

Had alignment set at...

After last event, put it on the rack and left rear toe was -.29 and right rear camber -2.4.

that's four white knuckles on the hand torque wrench to solve it... ;)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Had alignment set at...

Weird that it shifts that much, do you have subframe deadset kits front and rear? I'd up your rear camber closer to -2

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Weird that it shifts that much, do you have subframe deadset kits front and rear? I'd up your rear camber closer to -2

At -1.5 I'm still not getting enough rotation. Having to run big pressure spit to the rear at this point.

I moved to .30 toe out in the rear for tomorrow, but dialed back front toe to zero, in case I went a little overboard.

I'll see if the alignment holds after the event, if not, time for new rear bolts all the way around.

I haven't done deadset bolt kits, as I'm not sure of their legality in ST. At some point I'll move to XSA and just say fuck it, but car is pretty competitive locally with even a mild ST setup. I did look for shifting and witness marks, not seeing any, and tightened the subframe bolts.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
reported for off topic postings
Maybe the Russians hacked his suspension; they changed all his toe out to toe in. He says his suspension isn't hooked up to the internet, but if that's true why does he have a WiFi router in his house with the password set to "Maga2020!"?
Also, look at this spreadsheet that proves it:
PXL_20210514_151450040.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI