GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've gained a super power since unmasking at the grocery store.

People now fall over themselves trying to get out of my way so I can only conclude that I've gained an aura of invulnerability that makes others afraid to come within a few feet of me.

Must be the power of mUH Freedom frightening them. :unsure:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
What's funny is you don't know you're the one that was wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Putting a mask on and off is a great way to auto-infect yourself, that's why people put it on and leave until they're finished running errands.

They were right, you were wrong. It's that simple. Knowledge isn't fear
By your logic I should have had covid a hundred times, but I didn't.

Oh shit look behind you it's your shadow coming to get you!!!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
By your logic I should have had covid a hundred times, but I didn't.

Oh shit look behind you it's your shadow coming to get you!!!

It isn't "my logic", it's well established infection control guidelines. I spent a decade in the OR, no one does it correctly. It's still wrong and one of the most common ways to auto-infect yourself.

You've moved to willfully ignorant at this point. Those wearing their masks for the entirely of their trip were the one doing it correctly.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
It isn't "my logic", it's well established infection control guidelines. I spent a decade in the OR, no one does it correctly. It's still wrong and one of the most common ways to auto-infect yourself.

You've moved to willfully ignorant at this point. Those wearing their masks for the entirely of their trip were the one doing it correctly.
Two questions though:
1 - if you're only donning and doffing a single time, why would it matter at all whether you do it at home before you leave or when you arrive at your destination?

2 - most cloth masks don't offer much personal protection, they're really to keep you from spreading to others right? Why would self infection be a concern in that case?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I've gained a super power since unmasking at the grocery store.

People now fall over themselves trying to get out of my way so I can only conclude that I've gained an aura of invulnerability that makes others afraid to come within a few feet of me.

Must be the power of mUH Freedom frightening them. :unsure:
Between my beard and many car themed shirts, I think people just assume that I'm an unvaccinated anti-masker. Even when masking was in full effect, I had people creeping up on me, but now I get a wide berth. I'm loving the extra personal space.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Two questions though:
1 - if you're only donning and doffing a single time, why would it matter at all whether you do it at home before you leave or when you arrive at your destination?

2 - most cloth masks don't offer much personal protection, they're really to keep you from spreading to others right? Why would self infection be a concern in that case?

1. Unless you stop someone in their car and ask them, you have no idea where they donned it or how many stops they're making. You don't need to don it at home, you don't need to doth it at home. You need to don before the first time you need it and after the last location.

2. Not sure what your question is. I didn't mention protection when discussing auto-infection. If you wear a mask in 3 or 4 stores, there's a possibility that mask has captured infectious material, from your own mouth or from the environment. In extreme cases, as zrickety has inadvertly pointed out, people not wearing or caring for masks correctly can end up with bronchitis, pneumonia, and other infections.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
1. Unless you stop someone in their car and ask them, you have no idea where they donned it or how many stops they're making. You don't need to don it at home, you don't need to doth it at home. You need to don before the first time you need it and after the last location.

2. Not sure what your question is. I didn't mention protection when discussing auto-infection. If you wear a mask in 3 or 4 stores, there's a possibility that mask has captured infectious material, from your own mouth or from the environment. In extreme cases, as zrickety has inadvertly pointed out, people not wearing or caring for masks correctly can end up with bronchitis, pneumonia, and other infections.
Is don your new favorite word?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

In the case of those illnesses, that really has more to do with general hygiene and changing/washing masks than how you take them on and off. As for self infection, again, the average cloth mask isn't really stopping infection if there's a high airborne load, so if the mask is saturated, it's either too late or it's because you loaded with virus, in which case, it doesn't matter how much you touch it.