GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I don't often agree with Ricky but unless we manage to pass legislation to pay for the 6 TRILLION of propossed/approved spending I am not a fan. I like maybe 1/2 of the infrastructure plan but unless we mange to get spending in place nope. Getting the right to agree to taxing the rich ain't easy. Free tuition: I haven't heard but does that obligate the student to pay it back in some form of comunity service or something? I'm not a fan of $ for nothing.
Who's going to pay?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Misinformation we all know it multiplies in 14 days..so that's too long a time frame...from 5th Jan..

India's Gov has been burying its head in the sand & even now its blatant lies over the "official" deaths...which are under reported..by a huge margin..

Main cause for the increase?....they had their nice big religious festival in early-mid April..no social distancing.

India’s coronavirus tally overtakes Brazil; thousands join ritual bath | Reuters

India's Kumbh festival attracts big crowds amid devastating second Covid wave - BBC News

India: Thousands join Hindu festival ritual bath as COVID surges | Coronavirus pandemic News | Al Jazeera
"We all know" -- estimates were revised some time ago. All the more reason to conclude that there's still too much unknown about the pathogen and the illness it causes.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not really. The executives all walk away with their parachutes and bonuses and repeat the same nonsense under a different company name or a different company. The only people going broke are the laid off employees and the super fund trying to clean up all the toxic messes left behind.
There are plenty of companies that go bankrupt and don't restructure and evolve the company. Some simply dissolve and cease to be. Frys Electronics is a recent one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/oth...big-box-stop-for-tech-enthusiasts/ar-BB1dYN4w

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
And again, those that destroyed the companies collect their parachutes and bonuses and do the same over and over.
Frys Electronics was destroyed by the competition and Covid put it over the top. They couldn't compete as a brick and mortar store against Amazon and others. I used to buy from them but now I can get a better price from Amazon and have it delivered in 1 hour. Even had the price been the same it would have taken me longer to drive to Frys then just get it from Amazon. Even easier to return something on Amazon. Just drop it off at any one of multiple locations instead of standing in line at Frys.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You mean like Democratic leaders that tell business' they aren't allowed to operate due to a virus with a 99% survival rate? Meanwhile, they collect hundreds of thousands of dollars in salary.

@zrickety am I doing this right? :ROFLMAO:
Pretty much. Dems and Reps attend the same parties, sit at the same table, fuck same little boys, etc. Only a complete idiot would honestly side with one of them. Thankfully we have plenty of those in this thread.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Frys Electronics was destroyed by the competition and Covid put it over the top. They couldn't compete as a brick and mortar store against Amazon and others. I used to buy from them but now I can get a better price from Amazon and have it delivered in 1 hour. Even had the price been the same it would have taken me longer to drive to Frys then just get it from Amazon. Even easier to return something on Amazon. Just drop it off at any one of multiple locations instead of standing in line at Frys.
Great, so failure for the business to modernize killed them, they walked away with their millions, and left creditors holding the bag. They move on to something else.

It's like you don't understand that the wealthy play by different rules.

Now, go to college or get sick and go bankrupt. You can't discharge THAT debt you free loaders....

You cheer on the an economic system that's been rigged against you because you're ok right now.

Reactions: WAP

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Great, so failure for the business to modernize killed them, they walked away with their millions, and left creditors holding the bag. They move on to something else.

It's like you don't understand that the wealthy play by different rules.

Now, go to college or get sick and go bankrupt. You can't discharge THAT debt you free loaders....

You cheer on the an economic system that's been rigged against you because you're ok right now.
They had a website also but just couldn't compete with Amazon. They're not the only ones.
And I have no idea what the top brass got because of closing. But you act like you do. You make definitive statements about something you don't know about.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They had a website also but just couldn't compete with Amazon. They're not the only ones.
And I have no idea what the top brass got because of closing. But you act like you do. You make definitive statements about something you don't know about.
🙄

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Fry's was on its way out LONG before covid.

The only brick and mortar computer store still run right is microcenter, and business there has been booming in the pandemic.

If anything the pandemic should have SAVED Fry's