GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...FBI Planned Jan. 6 Capitol Riot - J. Edgar Hoover Building CLOSED

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Florida is one of the worst states for public education.

Not a good example of the benefits of low taxes.
It's just the irony of it all.

Conservatives have raised taxes on the poor and middle class repeatedly over the last 50 years at the local, state and federal level, while lowering taxes on millionaires, billionaires and corporations, all of which have drastically increased their wealth, but they cry " DeMoCrAtS are going to raise my taxes " as a reason they vote conservative. People really are that dumb. They have no idea that Reagan is the one that started taxing SS or that his consolidation of tax brackets raised taxes on half of middle class families, while he cut the top margins rate from 70% to 50%. They don't understand that everytime federal taxes are for the wealthy and corporations, the shortfall falls on states, who raise taxes on the poor and middle class through regressive sales taxes and fees. They still can't figure out Trump's tax cuts expire, leaving the poor and middle class with a tax increase, even when the sources they post spell it out.

They really are a brainwashed cult, which makes sense, with the level of religiosity most of them display.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Florida is one of the worst states for public education.

Not a good example of the benefits of low taxes.
California is one of the worst states for public education.

Not a good example of the benefits of high taxes.

Simply put: public edumacation in the US sucks ass compared to other developed countries.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
California is one of the worst states for public education.

Not a good example of the benefits of high taxes.

Simply put: public edumacation in the US sucks ass compared to other developed countries.
Everything sucks compared to Western europe in that regard.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Everything sucks compared to Western europe in that regard.
Eastern Europe (communist legacy of excellent education) and Asia (China, Korea, Japan, don't know much about others) also have good education systems. Wife works in a Cali school. The horror stories abound.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Eastern Europe (communist legacy of excellent education) and Asia (China, Korea, Japan, don't know much about others) also have good education systems. Wife works in a Cali school. The horror stories abound.
I completed four grades (one through four in Serbia). The math that I was taught in grade four carried me through to Calculus in my last year of high school in Canada - this is not an exaggeration or joke. I simply did not study math because I knew it. I had to study the other stuff, but the math carried through. It was also surprising to me the lack of focus that we had on international Geography. In Canada, they taught us about mountain ranges, lakes etc.. But nothing about any other country. I remember in grade two we had to rifle off capital cities of most countries off by heart; they made us stand in front of the entire class and that's how they'd quizz you. I agree with you regarding the "quality" of education in Eastern Europe. My comment was more geared towards "free" education in Austria etc...

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I completed four grades (one through four in Serbia). The math that I was taught in grade four carried me through to Calculus in my last year of high school in Canada - this is not an exaggeration or joke. I simply did not study math because I knew it. I had to study the other stuff, but the math carried through. It was also surprising to me the lack of focus that we had on international Geography. In Canada, they taught us about mountain ranges, lakes etc.. But nothing about any other country. I remember in grade two we had to rifle off capital cities of most countries off by heart; they made us stand in front of the entire class and that's how they'd quizz you. I agree with you regarding the "quality" of education in Eastern Europe. My comment was more geared towards "free" education in Austria etc...
Живе Српска. ;)

It was the same with my math education. It's also about how other nations value education. I went to a specialized high school in NYC (needed an entrance exam) -- 70% Asians. Among whites there was a large percentage of Slavic folks. Because the culture is such that one had to be educated to make it anywhere in life. I taught at a private Chinese summer school for four years. Those kids are brought up in a culture that values education, so while their piers would go to the beach, they went to class. I really enjoyed teaching there -- the leadership treated teachers like valuable professionals and not like peons that need to be loaded with extra work for meager pay the way they are in the public system, and the students actually cared.

The US and Canada, as countries with a huge influx of immigrants can afford to have shitty public schools -- immigrants from other countries will make up for it.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
09 GTI
1619024870041.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Aliens reading your comments like...

Believe me, if aliens are technologically advanced enough I come to earth, their understanding of science is greater than a failing 4th grader, which is what your level of understanding is.

Reactions: WAP

cb1111

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Onion - a reliable source....
It was a joke, not a cock. Don't take it so hard.

And it's no less reliable than ANYTHING Ricky has posted.