GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
F all that. I had a catless car years ago and I took it to get inspected. It passed the smog test but the inspector(white guy) failed it on the visual and commented that it was too loud. I just told him I bought it like that. I went home and spent a few hours trying to get the stock cats bolted up to my headers w/out it leaking. I took it back to the same damn place for the re-inspection. What do you know, the cop wasn't there. This not white guy just asked me if I put cats on it and gave me a sticker. He didn't even look at the car lmao

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
F all that. I had a catless car years ago and I took it to get inspected. It passed the smog test but the inspector(white guy) failed it on the visual and commented that it was too loud. I just told him I bought it like that. I went home and spent a few hours trying to get the stock cats bolted up to my headers w/out it leaking. I took it back to the same damn place for the re-inspection. What do you know, the cop wasn't there. This not white guy just asked me if I put cats on it and gave me a sticker. He didn't even look at the car lmao
Also depends on what you drive. A lowered civic is going to get looked at harder than a 600HP Kia, because Kia.. At least out here. :ROFLMAO:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Also depends on what you drive. A lowered civic is going to get looked at harder than a 600HP Kia, because Kia.. At least out here. :ROFLMAO:
Lol, yea I had another one with all the smog stuff deleted under the hood and long tube headers. I was getting worried bc the techs were looking under the hood for what seemed like 10 minutes. PASS.... :ROFLMAO:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
It's there same here. There's discrimination. A mustang would get looked at harder than a Mercedes
Unless you roll up looking like this:
1615266794416.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Here in Colorado. There's cameras everywhere. And the equipment consolidates information to one pc. Operated by a single person. Who has a camera on them too. The state made these changes about two years ago. No amount of mayonnaise will get you to pass if you're catless.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That’s how you could claim a “street car” lol
Florida was upset with the rampant fraud and a ton of other reasons. And they did away with emissions all together. Iirc it was early or mid 90's

Everyone is catless there. It's great but pollution is a real thing. Then there's cars that just shouldn't be on the road either due to gross hp builds or due to cars needing a ton of repairs.

I knew a guy that dailied a 800hp LS1 swapped rx7. That's just crazy

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Florida was upset with the rampant fraud and a ton of other reasons. And they did away with emissions all together. Iirc it was early or mid 90's

Everyone is catless there. It's great but pollution is a real thing. Then there's cars that just shouldn't be on the road either due to gross hp builds or due to cars needing a ton of repairs.

I knew a guy that dailied a 800hp LS1 swapped rx7. That's just crazy
Lol, I’m well versed in the FL dude bro dude bro dude. 😂

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I blinked & this thread has grown by 28pages since my previous post on Sunday....!!!...😲

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
What's on the radar?
not sure. I tossed out the $10-20K number. It doesn't have to be fast and I prefer smaller cars:

old volvo P44/123 series. Corvair, Falcon, Chevy II, been seriously considering air cooled VW recently I like looks of square/notchback but beetles are nicely priced and parts are easily available. Lower a bug with a bit of suspension/motor in it and it is sweet.,
I propose RicketyCoin.

Rolls off the tongue and implies instability.
worth repeating
We had a couple motor swap parties one week.
this was highlighted by my "happening near you AND swap party" Google search till I read it more carefully

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
not sure. I tossed out the $10-20K number. It doesn't have to be fast and I prefer smaller cars:

old volvo P44/123 series. Corvair, Falcon, Chevy II, been seriously considering air cooled VW recently I like looks of square/notchback but beetles are nicely priced and parts are easily available. Lower a bug with a bit of suspension/motor in it and it is sweet.,

worth repeating

this was highlighted by my "happening near you AND swap party" Google search till I read it more carefully
There's a VW group in you state that has events, plenty of air cooled things there.