GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
What's the goal when choosing size for a rsb? Wouldn't a 25 induce oversteer by a good bit? Is that what people are after?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
NAPA BK 7769192

22yrs and still going strong.

edit: same thing @Acadia18 posted, but lifetime warranty at the local NAPA If it breaks.

I was expecting to be able to buy 3 of the ones off Amazon for the price of the Napa one, but surprised at the low cost.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
@StorableComa be sure to cover yourself for the Ref inspections!!

1615263934080.jpeg

What's the goal when choosing size for a rsb? Wouldn't a 25 induce oversteer by a good bit? Is that what people are after?

The more stiffness in the rear bar the less prone to understeer the car is. With all suspension, though, it’s a fine balancing act. With a pair of overactive kids, I don’t have the time for tuning my cars anymore.
I was expecting to be able to buy 3 of the ones off Amazon for the price of the Napa one, but surprised at the low cost.

Yeah. NAPA has some surprisingly good deals on decent tools. I still main my wholesale account with them, but don’t use it since I’m out of Jeeps, and we have two cars under warranty and a Toyota.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Thank you gents. Found out the local Auto Zone also has a OEM Tools 3 piece set and wrench in their loaner program, so I may use that this go around and pick a crows foot for my collection.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD

View attachment 205786

The more stiffness in the rear bar the less prone to understeer the car is. With all suspension, though, it’s a fine balancing act. With a pair of overactive kids, I don’t have the time for tuning my cars anymore.

Yeah. NAPA has some surprisingly good deals on decent tools. I still main my wholesale account with them, but don’t use it since I’m out of Jeeps, and we have two cars under warranty and a Toyota.
Ramps and FWD make playing the swap the stock DP game easier every 2 years. :ROFLMAO:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Thank you gents. Found out the local Auto Zone also has a OEM Tools 3 piece set and wrench in their loaner program, so I may use that this go around and pick a crows foot for my collection.

It’s like my exhaust hanger pliers. Used once every 5yrs, but my box will never be without them!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ramps and FWD make playing the swap the stock DP game easier every 2 years. :ROFLMAO:

I do NOT miss that shit. They fought me for months, demanding I drove to CA for a smog check to get my new tabs. I had been stationed in WA for like 2yrs by then.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
It’s like my exhaust hanger pliers. Used once every 5yrs, but my box will never be without them!
Figure it'll be something good to have in my collection due to CA smog. Think I might take a crack at the install tomorrow. Got my new elring and clamp in. I'd like to get it on before the FMIC which will be later this week when the stock IC caps arrive.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

View attachment 205786

Oh I see. I thought a larger rear induced more oversteer since it would allow the rear tires to lose grip quicker.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I do NOT miss that shit. They fought me for months, demanding I drove to CA for a smog check to get my new tabs. I had been stationed in WA for like 2yrs by then.
Screw that! At least it'll just be the DP, the turbo swap will be OEM and hopefully pass the sniff test if they poke around.

Which brings me to my next question. Anyone know a good blank/unbranded airbox hose? ECS has a kit, but I'm warry to put anything that openly says "tuning" in my engine bay here as cops do pop hoods if they feel like it.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Figure it'll be something good to have in my collection due to CA smog. Think I might take a crack at the install tomorrow. Got my new elring and clamp in. I'd like to get it on before the FMIC which will be later this week when the stock IC caps arrive.

We always tacked mounting points to our DP’s so we could mount the stock heat shielding. Helped to pass the lookie-loo when you got hit with a “pull me over and talk to me”

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Screw that! At least it'll just be the DP, the turbo swap will be OEM and hopefully pass the sniff test if they poke around.

Which brings me to my next question. Anyone know a good blank/unbranded airbox hose? ECS has a kit, but I'm warry to put anything that openly says "tuning" in my engine bay here as cops do pop hoods if they feel like it.

Ha, just mentioned the CA hood popping. Was at HIN (iirc) in San Jose, maybe 1999, and my buddy was running his Neon ACR on ITBs. Cop asked to pop his hood, he said “it’s broken”. Cop reaches in <pop> “ahh looks like I fixed it.” Hits the motor with flashlight and goes “well shit, what we got here?!?” Impounded. Another friend had a junked SSB racer he put ass end into the wall at Sears Point. We had a couple motor swap parties one week.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Ha, just mentioned the CA hood popping. Was at HIN (iirc) in San Jose, maybe 1999, and my buddy was running his Neon ACR on ITBs. Cop asked to pop his hood, he said “it’s broken”. Cop reaches in <pop> “ahh looks like I fixed it.” Hits the motor with flashlight and goes “well shit, what we got here?!?” Impounded. Another friend had a junked SSB racer he put ass end into the wall at Sears Point. We had a couple motor swap parties one week.
Having a modded car in cali is just rough as hell man. I got sent to the ref for my stock exhaust. Also had an srt 4. They don't have mufflers. Fucking ref walked me into the garage and told me to leave. Apparently cops were sending srt4s in left and right. Got lucky. I had mopar stage three, intercooler and mbc