GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ha, just mentioned the CA hood popping. Was at HIN (iirc) in San Jose, maybe 1999, and my buddy was running his Neon ACR on ITBs. Cop asked to pop his hood, he said “it’s broken”. Cop reaches in <pop> “ahh looks like I fixed it.” Hits the motor with flashlight and goes “well shit, what we got here?!?” Impounded. Another friend had a junked SSB racer he put ass end into the wall at Sears Point. We had a couple motor swap parties one week.

What kind of dystopian state you guys driving around in where cops impound cars for being modified? 'Round here, people can drive the most ratchet shit and nobody cares.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
New rubber came today. Have a couple more events left on the old one, but TR had RE71R on clearance. I hope that means we'll get the the RE71RS next year. From what I'm hearing from overseas, they're as fast as A052, but wear better handle heat better than RE71R. Can't wait.

View attachment 205778
I can't for the life of me understand the hype with re71r's. They're fast for one lap and then fall off and get super greasy because they overheat. I felt like I wasted $700 when I tried them when they first came out.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I can't for the life of me understand the hype with re71r's. They're fast for one lap and then fall off and get super greasy because they overheat. I felt like I wasted $700 when I tried them when they first came out.
Uh, they're an autocross tire, so........ that's literally their job. Be fast for 1 lap at a time.

I'm waiting on a new batch of RS4's for track duty.

I learned years ago to just buy multiple sets of wheels so I can have the right tire for the right job.

Anyway, the RE71RS is supposed to be just as fast and handle heat. We shall see next year.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Florida was upset with the rampant fraud and a ton of other reasons. And they did away with emissions all together. Iirc it was early or mid 90's

Everyone is catless there. It's great but pollution is a real thing. Then there's cars that just shouldn't be on the road either due to gross hp builds or due to cars needing a ton of repairs.

I knew a guy that dailied a 800hp LS1 swapped rx7. That's just crazy.

I've seen cars with doors missing, no fenders, clouds of smoke cruising down the road here.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Uh, they're an autocross tire, so........ that's literally their job. Be fast for 1 lap at a time.

I'm waiting on a new batch of RS4's for track duty.

I learned years ago to just buy multiple sets of wheels so I can have the right tire for the right job.

Anyway, the RE71RS is supposed to be just as fast and handle heat. We shall see next year.
My bad I thought you went to the track, not autocross. There's still tons of people who use them at the track and I just don't understand.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
What kind of dystopian state you guys driving around in where cops impound cars for being modified? 'Round here, people can drive the most ratchet shit and nobody cares.
Same.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It varies by county here. In Atlanta, they do emissions, inspection, the whole 9. Go 3 hours south where I live, there is nothing. People driving cars with horizonal wheels. Great for my motor swap though.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn

cb1111

I have just a basic one. Never had an issue with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C4OB3XC/
Anyone have a 22mm slotted o2 crows foot they'd recommend? Probably going to install the Dp before the spacer shows up.. for science and all, and figure that would make it the easiest to get on without uninstalling the DP.

I have 2 diff ones but I think they're matco.
Why am I having issues wrapping my head around how this works?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Why am I having issues wrapping my head around how this works?

An o2 sensor socket?

The opening allows you to go over the cable, so you can slide down on the o2 sensor.

cb1111

Figure it'll be something good to have in my collection due to CA smog. Think I might take a crack at the install tomorrow. Got my new elring and clamp in. I'd like to get it on before the FMIC which will be later this week when the stock IC caps arrive.
There are rumors that California will start using RapidPass to catch scofflaws that run non-compliant vehicles.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
There are rumors that California will start using RapidPass to catch scofflaws that run non-compliant vehicles.
This seems preferable to what CA is doing at this point. Emissions should be pass or fail, no matter what mods you have. You either meet emissions standards at the tailpipe or you don't.