GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
trees.jpg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Last 'science' I saw, the temperature has changed less than 1 degree in 100 years. Statistically INSIGNIFICANT.
Difference in averages and actual extremes. It it's 107 all summer and 32 all winter and the olden times were 90 and 48, your average mean temp would only be 1 degree different, but it's hard for anyone to say that's not an unpleasant change.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Last 'science' I saw, the temperature has changed less than 1 degree in 100 years. Statistically INSIGNIFICANT.
This is a can of worms for a different thread, but I would only like to point out that it's 1°C, which is 1.8°F. Also, the part considered alarming is the rate of temperature increase relative to previous records, not the explicit amount it has increased.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
They say we are headed to another ice age...the planet goes through CYCLES. This is witnessed by the geological record.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
They say we are headed to another ice age...the planet goes through CYCLES. This is witnessed by the geological record.
No one is disputing that the planet goes through cycles; that is true and everyone agrees on this. It's the higher rate of warming relative to previous cycles that is the primary cause for concern.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
climate.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
'Peer reviewed memes' LOLOL

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Here is a 'popular meme' right now...it's the circle of life.
circle of life.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
People who say stuff like "how can it be warming it was wintery last winter" aren't worth discussing this with.

Value your time people.
Exactly. Higher overall temperature means more aggressive air currents due to a stronger Coriolis effect. This, in turn, makes for more extreme weather on either end of the temperature spectrum. This is exactly why most, if not all scientists prefer the term "climate change" over "global warming" because many people will take "global warming" at face value.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It was cold when I woke up, it's hot now, it will be cold tonight = CLIMATE CHANGE

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
boyfriend.jpg