GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Random question as you guys seem more active than the question thread.

Anyone done PCV pre-emptively as maintenance? Couple people recommend it, but it seems like most wait until symptoms of failure..

Follow up - Do you need the purge canister as well or just the PCV valve? Uro has a replacement kit for 180ish, vs just the valve from FPC for 147.
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-oil-separator-genuine-vw-audi-06k103495ap
https://www.urotuning.com/products/...-kit-vw-gen3-1-8t-2-0t?variant=31855309946935
After I upgraded my turbo I was blowing pcv's left and right. Like every 10k miles. I put a catch can on and haven't had an issue since

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have Android also. But you know what I was getting at. Highly likely it was made in China.
Like I said earlier, until we stop subsidizing oil, it'll keep being cheaper to ship raw materials and goods all over the planet vs make locally. A key part of keeping economic balance is comparative advantage. Fuel subsidies distort it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thread comes together over 17" wheels. Zrickety still hasn't paid. Trump not taking office today.

Did I miss anything? I want to help Mud catch up.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sounds good I'll have to try it. I heard a light coating of mayo on the PCV valve extends its life.
You have to refill the pcv with Mayo every 10,000 miles. A lot of people don't know this. In your case, you have to top off the CC.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
TI-99 4/A...my first computer! I remember playing Parsec, Munchman, and Hunt the Wumpus for hours, and messing around with BASIC to create cat faces on the screen...lol.
I remember playing Ghostbusters on the family Commodore.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Upon further testing the Mayo on the back side of the valves not only eliminated carbon buildup but when run on the dyno when the valves would open there is a 25 HP gain from the Mayo vapors being sucked into the combustion chamber. This eliminates the need for a stage 1 tune and keeps your warranty intact. It's like killing 3 birds with one stone. No carbon, increased HP and protecting your warranty.