GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
At the larger grow facility. We were paying about 13k a month

probably still cheaper than Texas LOL

I have friends and family that were. My aunt lives near a hospital. She was on that grid and she never lost electricity. She lives alone in a one room apartment. Her electric bill was over 7k
i wonder what wuill happen when people just refuse to pay their bills en masse

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
READ the fucking post. You are NOT paying a tenth of a penny for a kWh of electricity. You might want to click on the chart here or read the table. Yes, the prices fluctuate throughout the day depending on demand, but you need to post you link that shows a kWh at a tenth of a penny.
He can't because it doesn't exist.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
READ the fucking post. You are NOT paying a tenth of a penny for a kWh of electricity. You might want to click on the chart here or read the table. Yes, the prices fluctuate throughout the day depending on demand, but you need to post you link that shows a kWh at a tenth of a penny.
mine flutuates but we're on the high side of the national median pricing. it was a pain in the ass having electric driven heat in my first apartment after college but have been on a NG heat source since so it's not quite as bad as before when paying all my bills.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’ve heard that the s3’s awd is mechanically identical but the software is a hair more dynamic. I’ve also heard that was bullshit. So I dunno. It’s a nice ride

Dude, it's bad. I sit awake at night and think of things like "Ok, if I strip the mods off my GTI and sell them, along with the equity I have in the car, and chip in a bit extra, I can scrounge up $10k to put down on a $30k car. A S3 with a JB4 will probably be around the same power as my stage 2 GTI, but with the haldex and a more comfy ride and better technology..."

As long as I can avoid test driving one, I can wait for it to pass.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That's probably what will happen not out of refusal but inability to pay it. I think there will be such an uproar that those bills will be lowered.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

Their power will get shut off and sent to collections. Quality of life will decrease exponentially, and people will start to leave Texas en masse because fuck that.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Dude, it's bad. I sit awake at night and think of things like "Ok, if I strip the mods off my GTI and sell them, along with the equity I have in the car, and chip in a bit extra, I can scrounge up $10k to put down on a $30k car. A S3 with a JB4 will probably be around the same power as my stage 2 GTI, but with the haldex and a more comfy ride and better technology..."

Lol. EXACTLY where I am with my Rabbit and an RS3.... my account is only safe because no RS3 sportback in US. It’d be a straight no brainer at that point.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Their power will get shut off and sent to collections. Quality of life will decrease exponentially, and people will start to leave Texas en masse because fuck that.
That's probably what will happen not out of refusal but inability to pay it. I think there will be such an uproar that those bills will be lowered.
yeah im willing to bet the government will try to "assist" by stepping in but it will be conditonal that the market be more regulated. Texas secedes, everybody wins, excedpt texans.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Ew. Go drive one, it'll change your mind. Your gti is way more fun to drive.
Lol. EXACTLY where I am with my Rabbit and an RS3.... my account is only safe because no RS3 sportback in US. It’d be a straight no brainer at that point.
My buddy just got an rs3, it's a damn riot. He's getting it tuned for e30, I can't wait to drive it when that happens. I'd never get one because they only come in automatic but it's still a blast to drive

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Don't exactly follow a smooth transition between a GTI (like 28k) and an
RS3 (55k)

Other than them being the same relative size they couldn't be further apart in step range. To me if you have RS3 money you can keep the GTI too, if you need to trade the GTI to make the RS palatable maybe hang out for the mk8 R as a point in between. Plus you can still have that in a manual so it's not a girl car.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
As far as scoffing at your electrical bill as a viable life strategy i would think the best you could do is pay the minimum and hope for government intervention down the line.

If you just straight don't pay and end up going to collections you're opening a can of worms you do not want to deal with.

Multi-posting for @Strange Mud

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I could never justify an RS3, even though I could probably afford one with a bit of planning and saving. But it would be hard to justify a $30k S3, nevermind a $55k RS3. My wife and I bought a $200k house, I can't park a $50k in it's driveway...

Ew. Go drive one, it'll change your mind. Your gti is way more fun to drive.

That is an incredibly dangerous gamble. Because I could easily decide the added comfort and technology outweigh the little bit less fun.

But I am curious as to what would make it less fun to drive in your mind. It has the same exact length and wheel base as a GTI/R. So it should handle the same. Same engine and turbo as the R, so it should get up and go the same. Same (as far as I can tell) DQ381 7spd as the 2019 GTI/R... On paper, the "fun" should be the same.

Unless, you're just saying it would be less fun because it doesn't have a third pedal...