GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That makes no sense.. you just said effects in certain areas.. That means that nothing remains unchanged and something DID change...
Once again, you need to look at the bigger picture. I can create a biohazard in my driveway but the planet won't even flinch. Given enough time, it all biodegrades.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Our lakes are unhealthy.

The zebra muscles and lawn phosphates will kill them off long before the salts do.

thank god Biden’s folks are telling Polymet to pound sand.
Ahh thats true. You guys and the great lakes are all dealing with the invasive species crap.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
NOT THAT I CONDONE THAT SORT OF THING.
Bring your old oil to autozone.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
FAKE NEWS. They've been saying the planet is doomed in 10 years, for about 40 years. Earth's climate is cyclical on an enormous scale, and the planet is a closed system. Overall temp has changed about 1 degree in 100 years. We are not affecting the change they say.
I gave you a like but I see some potential differences. We are increasing the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. What overall affect it's having on our temperatures is debatable. But there's no denying that the earth has gone through ice ages and hotter weather in the past that weren't affected by mankind. Only history will tell the truth and none of us alive today will get an answer as to whether mankind actually did cause climate change.

https://archive.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/basics/past.html

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Once again, you need to look at the bigger picture. I can create a biohazard in my driveway but the planet won't even flinch. Given enough time, it all biodegrades.
It creates a ripple effect.. and the issue is, as Gasses are not constrained to any one given point. Hence why smog from Beijing can be found on the West coast of the USA.

We're also talking about a huge scale difference here. What you're suggesting may salt the earth and create effects for the immediate surround regardless.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I sailed on a boat and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express...now I'm a climate 'expert.'

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It creates a ripple effect.. and the issue is, as Gasses are not constrained to any one given point. Hence why smog from Beijing can be found on the West coast of the USA.

We're also talking about a huge scale difference here. What you're suggesting may salt the earth and create effects for the immediate surround regardless.
Butterfly effect?? That was a great movie.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Dunno how we can recognize the heat island effect building cities have, and then write off the idea the shit we spew from these cities has no effect.
Short term, yes. Long term, no.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Shut those cities down and your heat island dissipates.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Local environmental devastation is always much more severe in nature and impossible to ignore.

No one denies our actions have consequences when some drunken asshole runs a tanker aground and spills millions of barrels of oil into the arctic.

You can't perceive changing the climate because it happens so slowly. Hence easily denied as a hoax.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a thing where I don’t feel cold. I don’t even own pants. Just shorts. No jackets either.

about 5 or 7 years ago it was -12f. First time I said “shit it’s cold”

but for some reason I’m fine in the cold. I’m also fine in hot desert temps too
You're not real. 😜

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Short term, yes. Long term, no.
Long term on what scale?

We're not only pouring more of these gasses into the air, we're removing the forests and natural area's that help absorb and create 02.

Plus we already know we can have a huge effect on things long term.. What's the half life from all our weapon testing? Or do you want to buy some nice beach front property on the Marshall Islands?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Local environmental devastation is always much more severe in nature and impossible to ignore.

No one denies our actions have consequences when some drunken asshole runs a tanker aground and spills millions of barrels of oil into the arctic.

You can't perceive changing the climate because it happens so slowly. Hence easily denied as a hoax.
Reports that polar ice has GROWN and the earth is GREENER than usual, I see this locally. No doubt chopping down the rainforests is bad, but meanwhile other plants are spreading and growing elsewhere.