GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Because everything I post about vaccines are facts and personal experiences.
Inconvenient truths are not 'misinformation.'
Yeah but, isn't this your playbook?
From the article:
The claims from the "Disinformation Dozen" range from "denying that COVID exists, claiming that false cures are in fact the way to solve COVID and not vaccination, decrying vaccines and decrying doctors as being in some way venal or motivated by other factors when they recommend vaccines,"
NewsGuard's Gregory said a "tried and true" tactic of vaccine opponents is "grossly misrepresenting some sort of research, some sort of data to promote whatever narrative they've chosen."
They're copying your moves and taking all the credit!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah but, isn't this your playbook?
From the article:

They're copying your moves and taking all the credit!

Ricky should hire Rudy to file a lawsuit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
New shirt came in. I'm excited to wear it.

FB_IMG_1621010473516.jpg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So I read that the Yankees who tested positive after getting the vaccine all got the 1 shot J&J version.

I then read that even though they tested positive they're not worried about them being able to further spread the virus since 7/8 had no symptoms.

This makes me believe that asymptomatic spread of the virus never existed. How can a vaccinated person test positive but no longer have to wear a mask?

If you can test positive but show no symptoms because you're vaccinated, you can't spread it to others, so no mask is cool. If you're just a regular person and showing no symptoms you do still have to wear a mask even though you're asymptomatic. Both people are asymptomatic but one of them can spread it and the other can't?

To me, at this point, the CDC has literally 0 credibility.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
So I read that the Yankees who tested positive after getting the vaccine all got the 1 shot J&J version.

I then read that even though they tested positive they're not worried about them being able to further spread the virus since 7/8 had no symptoms.

This makes me believe that asymptomatic spread of the virus never existed. How can a vaccinated person test positive but no longer have to wear a mask?

If you can test positive but show no symptoms because you're vaccinated, you can't spread it to others, so no mask is cool. If you're just a regular person and showing no symptoms you do still have to wear a mask even though you're asymptomatic. Both people are asymptomatic but one of them can spread it and the other can't?

Keep in mind, I'm not a health expert... but I will try to explain based on what I've read. This is a completely legitimate question to ask and the CDC is failing at explaining it well (or at all).

You are correct that people who are and remain asymptomatic are at lower risk of spreading the virus (vaccine or no). You have to build sufficient viral load to begin spreading it basically. The vaccinated population is highly likely to remain asymptomatic. The problem with the unvaccinated population is that you don't know if they are asymptomatic or simply pre-symptomatic. For someone who will eventually show symptoms, as the virus runs it's course and the viral load builds, there is a time period when you are contagious, but not yet symptomatic.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Keep in mind, I'm not a health expert... but I will try to explain based on what I've read. This is a completely legitimate question to ask and the CDC is failing at explaining it well (or at all).

You are correct that people who are and remain asymptomatic are at lower risk of spreading the virus (vaccine or no). You have to build sufficient viral load to begin spreading it basically. The vaccinated population is highly likely to remain asymptomatic. The problem with the unvaccinated population is that you don't know if they are asymptomatic or simply pre-symptomatic. For someone who will eventually show symptoms, as the virus runs it's course and the viral load builds, there is a time period when you are contagious, but not yet symptomatic.
That's a good point, the difference between asymptomatic and "not yet showing" symptoms seems like a pretty important distinction.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Whether you're contagious or not has zero to do with whether you have symptoms or not, it's dependent on viral load.

The reason they say that they're likely not contagious is, though they are infected, being vaccinated means they likely won't develop a high enough viral load to be contagious. Some unvaccinated people never develop a high enough viral load either. Some do and remain asymptomatic.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't credible.

That's the theory behind it anyway. Science will challenge this assumption and we'll know to what degree it holds true for this virus.

If the evidence finds it not to correct, they will update the information, then you and zrick will yell "OMG, they have no credibility".

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Agreed that the CDC has done a terrible job of explaining this and what proper mask wearing is, among other things, but the average American can barely understand 6th grade science concepts, so it's somewhat understandable.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Rant:

a badly tweaked back and allergies = :(

"Achoo....F**k" is what I'm doing about every 10 minutes.

Yoga is your friend as you get old. I can definitely feel when my wife and I skip. We try to do about 15 to 30 min a couple times a week, just some basic stuff. It really helps.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6

I still want to know why everybody calls it the J&J, when it’s actually made by Jaansen. I don’t go around telling everybody I had Yum Brands for lunch if it was actually Taco Bell.