GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Florida is one of the worst states for public education.

Not a good example of the benefits of low taxes.
California is one of the worst states for public education.

Not a good example of the benefits of high taxes.

Simply put: public edumacation in the US sucks ass compared to other developed countries.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
California is one of the worst states for public education.

Not a good example of the benefits of high taxes.

Simply put: public edumacation in the US sucks ass compared to other developed countries.
Everything sucks compared to Western europe in that regard.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Everything sucks compared to Western europe in that regard.
Eastern Europe (communist legacy of excellent education) and Asia (China, Korea, Japan, don't know much about others) also have good education systems. Wife works in a Cali school. The horror stories abound.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Eastern Europe (communist legacy of excellent education) and Asia (China, Korea, Japan, don't know much about others) also have good education systems. Wife works in a Cali school. The horror stories abound.
I completed four grades (one through four in Serbia). The math that I was taught in grade four carried me through to Calculus in my last year of high school in Canada - this is not an exaggeration or joke. I simply did not study math because I knew it. I had to study the other stuff, but the math carried through. It was also surprising to me the lack of focus that we had on international Geography. In Canada, they taught us about mountain ranges, lakes etc.. But nothing about any other country. I remember in grade two we had to rifle off capital cities of most countries off by heart; they made us stand in front of the entire class and that's how they'd quizz you. I agree with you regarding the "quality" of education in Eastern Europe. My comment was more geared towards "free" education in Austria etc...

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I completed four grades (one through four in Serbia). The math that I was taught in grade four carried me through to Calculus in my last year of high school in Canada - this is not an exaggeration or joke. I simply did not study math because I knew it. I had to study the other stuff, but the math carried through. It was also surprising to me the lack of focus that we had on international Geography. In Canada, they taught us about mountain ranges, lakes etc.. But nothing about any other country. I remember in grade two we had to rifle off capital cities of most countries off by heart; they made us stand in front of the entire class and that's how they'd quizz you. I agree with you regarding the "quality" of education in Eastern Europe. My comment was more geared towards "free" education in Austria etc...
Живе Српска. ;)

It was the same with my math education. It's also about how other nations value education. I went to a specialized high school in NYC (needed an entrance exam) -- 70% Asians. Among whites there was a large percentage of Slavic folks. Because the culture is such that one had to be educated to make it anywhere in life. I taught at a private Chinese summer school for four years. Those kids are brought up in a culture that values education, so while their piers would go to the beach, they went to class. I really enjoyed teaching there -- the leadership treated teachers like valuable professionals and not like peons that need to be loaded with extra work for meager pay the way they are in the public system, and the students actually cared.

The US and Canada, as countries with a huge influx of immigrants can afford to have shitty public schools -- immigrants from other countries will make up for it.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
1619024870041.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Aliens reading your comments like...

Believe me, if aliens are technologically advanced enough I come to earth, their understanding of science is greater than a failing 4th grader, which is what your level of understanding is.

Reactions: WAP

cb1111

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Oh, it is far more reliable than anything that zricky would be capable of posting.
How are you going to spend your last 3 years on Earth? I'm going to miss you guys.

Bcraig47

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn
In serious news I got my letter stating I can get my shot next month. iv heard of people getting aids from it. I really don't know what to believe anymore. I also witnessed homeless people giving each other the shot with the same needle! needless to say there thinking of the earth and not using new needles every injection!!!