GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Let the Memes begin then..... šŸ˜…
d995ag35xpr41.jpg

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Is this a reason to shut the economy down, not let kids go back to school, and restrict everything you can do? Honest question. Should just the vulnerable population restrict themselves being in public or should all of us have to suffer?

Attachments

• 6C58A2F0-B3B9-4C56-861F-715D238DCFE1.png
    6C58A2F0-B3B9-4C56-861F-715D238DCFE1.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 188

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Is this a reason to shut the economy down, not let kids go back to school, and restrict everything you can do? Honest question. Should just the vulnerable population restrict themselves being in public or should all of us have to suffer?
Youā€™re not restricted in what you can do unless those activities have been shut down because they canā€™t function without participation from the vulnerable population thatā€™s restricting themselves. A significant number of educators are in the ā€œvulnerableā€ category, how does school work without them?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Those numbers are with mitigation efforts so far. Death isn't the only concern, as there's a number of people are suffering lingering affects months and months after recovery. Add that we don't have a vaccine, and natural immunity looks like it drops off after 3 or 4 months, and yes, it's absolutely a reason to wear masks, distance, and keep some high risk businesses closed.

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Youā€™re not restricted in what you can do unless those activities have been shut down because they canā€™t function without participation from the vulnerable population thatā€™s restricting themselves. A significant number of educators are in the ā€œvulnerableā€ category, how does school work without them?

Significant as in how many? Numbers help, not anecdotes. The average age of teachers in the US is 42 years old, which represents a 1% chance of death for that population. For the older population of teachers, sure they can retire early or choose not to be exposed. Also I thought masks worked? Or do they not? What has Fauci/Cuomo decided this week that we need to do, sandwiches with our beers?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Significant as in how many? Numbers help, not anecdotes. The average age of teachers in the US is 42 years old, which represents a 1% chance of death for that population. For the older population of teachers, sure they can retire early or choose not to be exposed. Also I thought masks worked? Or do they not? What has Fauci/Cuomo decided this week that we need to do, sandwiches with our beers?
Precise numbers are unnecessary here, because even if only 20% of teachers are over that age the entire system grinds to a halt. Then say another 10% to 20% gets sick and are out, then what?

Youā€™re stuck on this 1% death rate but youā€™re not acknowledging that a significantly higher number of people are hospitalized for extended periods of time. You also have to consider that many people who arenā€™t in the high risk category have to restrict themselves because they live with high risk people who they could spread the infection to.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
the real pandemic is obesity and diseases caused by the western diet: diabetes, heart disease, cancer, hypertension, high blood pressure, low immune system, athsma, all directly related to the diet. It kills a combined total of maybe 75+% of the population directly. And its caused by the government in a large way by allowing meat/fast/junk food/soda corporations pay them to skew facts and kill people and destroy the environment for their own gain. Yet people remain confused how we could possibly ever become overweight, or get cancer.

Why do i say bring this up here? At the heart the government does not truly care about peoples health, so long as they continue to make hideous amounts of money. They do not WANT solutions to anything. Problems that continually exist that politicians can continually 'fight against' is the golden egg.
Now in the case of Covid-19, is there any explanation how shutting down the economy (partially at least) and putting millions out of work would be profitable? It is not, except maybe it is. I've been putting some thought into this, and if there is one thing i can think they used COVID as an atdvantage it was to kill the remaining small businesses, putting literally all power of the dollar into walmart, amazon, and junk food, which pays the government. Any thoughts on this?

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
the real pandemic is obesity and diseases caused by the western diet: diabetes, heart disease, cancer, hypertension, high blood pressure, low immune system, athsma, all directly related to the diet. It kills a combined total of maybe 75+% of the population directly. And its caused by the government in a large way by allowing meat/fast/junk food/soda corporations pay them to skew facts and kill people and destroy the environment for their own gain. Yet people remain confused how we could possibly ever become overweight, or get cancer.

Why do i say bring this up here? At the heart the government does not truly care about peoples health, so long as they continue to make hideous amounts of money. They do not WANT solutions to anything. Problems that continually exist that politicians can continually 'fight against' is the golden egg.
Now in the case of Covid-19, is there any explanation how shutting down the economy (partially at least) and putting millions out of work would be profitable? It is not, except maybe it is. I've been putting some thought into this, and if there is one thing i can think they used COVID as an atdvantage it was to kill the remaining small businesses, putting literally all power of the dollar into walmart, amazon, and junk food, which pays the government. Any thoughts on this?

Shhh, youā€™re not supposed to have accountability for your own health and well being. Thatā€™s reserved for the government agencies to decide for you. Good point about destroying small businesses for the big guys. I had that thought a few weeks ago but havenā€™t heard anyone else talk about it...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Shhh, youā€™re not supposed to have accountability for your own health and well being. Thatā€™s reserved for the government agencies to decide for you. Good point about destroying small businesses for the big guys. I had that thought a few weeks ago but havenā€™t heard anyone else talk about it...

Destroying small businesses was a political choice, not a public health choice. Congress appointed an IG to oversea the distribution of the money and that guy was fired by Trump. Then all the money for small businesses ended up going to corporations and political friends. Other countries have managed to keep deaths down and limit the economic damage by wage support to those affected by job loss and the fact that their health care isn't tied to employment. The countries that control the pandemic the best and support the citizens through the pandemic will be in much better economic shape when this is over. The party is just getting started in the US when it comes to infections and the economic fallout. We've got 50 million unemployed, half of all small businesses won't make it, we'll heap money on large corporations, and we have a wave of evictions and mortgage foreclosures rapidly approaching. Controlling the spread of the virus is how you protect the economy. It's almost like you don't know that 1% of the US population dying would be 3.2 million people, .but I'd guess you do. You just don't care, because you don't think it'll affect you. Sums up conservatism in a nutshell.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Talk about a red herring fallacy. It's looking more and more like covid 19 is a clotting disease, not a flu like illness. Small clots causing damage in multiple organs. Just because we have epidemics of other diseases, doesn't mean covid 19 isn't a pandemic and doesn't cause death and health issues of it's own.

And capitalism is what drives our food supply system. How do you suppose we force consumers or prohibit consumers from buying Twinkies, when we can't even get them to wear a mask to save the lives of other Americans and save their own economy? You calling for government mandated diets and exercise?

I've been doing this for 30 years and never seen a 300 bed community hospital like I work at with 21 flu patients in the ICU, 9 on ventilators. That's all our hospital has unless we pull from the OR. Never seen that with diabetes either. Keep playing stupid games with the pandemic and you're ensuring total economic collapse of our country. Just wear a mask, wash your hands, and socially distance. It isn't that hard.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Jesus, you people are so focused on death rate when that's only part of the picture. We have little idea of what kinds of lasting effects this disease inflicts on certain survivors, i.e. people that you're not caring about because "ThEy DiDn'T DiE, DiD tHeY??".
This isn't the flu, since that barely changes (symptom-wise) year over year. Flu symptoms are well known and tend to leave healthy individuals as still healthy after the virus has run its course. Scientists and doctors are increasingly finding that is NOT the case with COVID-19. This is absolutely not the time to barge forward, open the country with little to no restrictions, shoot first and ask questions later. We already tried that and look at how far away we are in the global leader board of total cases and deaths.
I understand that it's difficult to deal with losing control of your life. But if these people weren't so small minded and looked even a year ahead into the future, rather than dwelling on what they can't do at this very moment, we as a country would have a chance.