GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The younger one then.

Assuming that I was the older person it's appalling that the younger illegal person would get treated first when I've paid taxes my entire life and at this stage of my life am fortunate to be able to donate to worthy causes such as St Judes Hospital etc. Sad what things have become.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Assuming that I was the older person it's appalling that the younger illegal person would get treated first when I've paid taxes my entire life and at this stage of my life am fortunate to be able to donate to worthy causes such as St Judes Hospital etc. Sad what things have become.
It has nothing to do with taxes. It has everything to do with basic human decency which you have shown to be lacking.

Same question to you but they're both citizens but one is mexican, the other is you. Who gets treated first?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
You probably wont get him to admit that he's a racist. It's okay, people don't need to admit to being who they are - they just are.

It's not an exaggeration to say that the entire Trump voter base is at least a closet racist if not worse.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm?s_cid=mm6936a5_w#T1_down

Here is another report from CDC...They are trying to say that eating at restaurants is risky behavior. Which I've been doing since the beginning with no ill effects.
314 people, about half tested positive. They reported wearing mask 'always or often' 85% of the time.
The half negative group reported wearing mask 'always or often' 89% of the time.
They are essentially the same numbers.
SO IS THE MASK USELESS, OR WHAT?

Congratulations, you personally haven’t been affected. That means we’re ready to open up, right guys?? No masks!

I like science, so let me paste a couple quotes from the paper you’ve linked. (You did read the paper, right?)

Nowhere does it say “masks are ineffective”. The paper’s main focus is trying to find a pattern in people’s behavior, to see which activities might be more likely for a person to get COVID-19.

Adults with confirmed COVID-19 (case-patients) were approximately twice as likely as were control-participants to have reported dining at a restaurant in the 14 days before becoming ill. In addition to dining at a restaurant, case-patients were more likely to report going to a bar/coffee shop, but only when the analysis was restricted to participants without close contact with persons with known COVID-19 before illness onset.”

Now let’s get to your statistic where purportedly it shows that masks are ineffective. Just like everyone else who is parroting this “x% of people who more masks got the covid”, you didn’t read through the table of data (page 3 and 4 of the PDF), or maybe even chose to ignore it?

The majority of both positive and negative patients reported Often or Always wearing a mask in the 2 weeks before illness onset. But, I’ll paraphrase the paper - masks cannot be worn while eating or drinking. Remember this paper is about restaurants and bars, not a referendum about masks.

And now we look to the data slightly above which maybe you didn’t see? It talks about the patients’ reports of other people wearing masks while they were at the restaurant/bar. Positive patients were more likely (19% vs 2.3%) to have observed None/a few people wearing masks while out at the restaurant/bar. Conversely, negative patients (the control group) were more likely (47% to 39%, and 50% to 41%) to have observed about half/most or Almost all other people wearing masks in the same situation.

In conclusion, this seems to be a positive case of cherry-picking. I see nowhere in the paper where it mentions masks are ineffective. The paper was more an observation about restaurants and bars. You may even say that masks do help people when out at a restaurant/bar, given the data trend. When people let their guard down, literally, in a restaurant/bar, it makes their infection risk a bit higher.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'd agree that your taxes would entitle you to service first if it was a government service, but it isn't. Healthcare is privatized in the US and as a private entity, they are under no obligation to check citizenship or give you preferential treatment. What are your thoughts on socialized medicine?

Also, roughly 50% of Americans (citizens) don't pay any federal income tax. I pay a shit ton. Should I get preferential care over everyone who pays nothing? Taxes are a poor justification.