GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you vote for people who will deny women the ability to get an abortion you're forcing your views on other people.

Them getting an abortion does not affect you in any way.

You're passively trying to control their life, which is odd coming from the people who otherwise resist "government control" most vociferously.
Ahh, and the beauty of our democracy. People are able to vote what they want for the country and not be forced into voting what other people want.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Ahh, and the beauty of our democracy. People are able to vote what they want for the country and not be forced into voting what other people want.

Yep, but when you loose, you need to make sure you try to overthrow the Republic because you were fed a load of shit and don’t like the outcome. 😉

cb1111

If you vote for people who will deny women the ability to get an abortion you're forcing your views on other people.

Them getting an abortion does not affect you in any way.

You're passively trying to control their life, which is odd coming from the people who otherwise resist "government control" most vociferously.
No, if those people you vote for, win, then the majority is setting the rules.

If the majority is foolish enough to try to ban abortions then that is what the majority and you are in the minority.

Totally aside from the fact that you can't ban abortions - you just move them into the back rooms that result in more deaths and illnesses.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I also know a few people who never got hit but their parents were so manipulative they came out damaged anyway.

You can be a "never hit" type of person and be a passive aggressive sociopath instead.
You describe Corprin to a T.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Since you guys are beating this religion horse to death, I'll weigh in.
While I do believe in Sky Daddy, I'm not a fan of the church in general. I think the Bible has been manipulated by man, particularly the Old Testament. I think the church gets a lot of things wrong in the name of doing the right thing. I think Hinduism and Buddhism both get pieces of the puzzle. The Catholics just make up a bunch of stuff. The key takeaway is to believe in something or Someone greater than yourself.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yep, but when you loose, you need to make sure you try to overthrow the Republic because you were fed a load of shit and don’t like the outcome. 😉
Let's just divide the North and South again... The cold weather gets Sleepy Joe, warm weather gets Trump. Problem solved.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Explain to me where I "forced" anything. I shared my opinion and you became very unsettled.
Do you vote for politicians that promise to make abortion illegal?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Since you guys are beating this religion horse to death, I'll weigh in.
While I do believe in Sky Daddy, I'm not a fan of the church in general. I think the Bible has been manipulated by man, particularly the Old Testament. I think the church gets a lot of things wrong in the name of doing the right thing. I think Hinduism and Buddhism both get pieces of the puzzle. The Catholics just make up a bunch of stuff. The key takeaway is to believe in something or Someone greater than yourself.
The Bible was 100% written be man, cribbed from pegans and other religions. Period. That's just a fact. They all make up all of the stuff.

Again, that doesn't mean their isn't a creator, but just as the question with the big bang is what created it, the same can be said of any Supreme being.

It also doesn't change the fact that before brain activity, a zygote or blastcyst is just a bunch of cells, mostly undifferentiated through the first trimester.

I don't care if people believe aliens dumped prisoners in a volcano and their spirits inhabit us. I don't care if people worship cows. I don't care if people believe in zombies. I don't care if they believe in the tooth fairy. It's none of my business, until they start using their beliefs to persecute others.

cb1111

But it isn't simple majority rule.

You remember how The Great 🍊 didn't win the popular vote but he did install 3 Supreme Court Justices.
He did win the presidency. As things stand, winning the popular wasn't necessary, but it was still your elected leaders that voted him in - so it was the popular vote one way or another.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If the Muslim/Scientology/Jehovah's Witness/Hindu/whatever is in a position to pass a law then the majority allowed it and you can accept it or move.

You might want to reevaluate your attitude by looking at it from the outside and ask "am I really disclosing my personal prejudices and discriminatory attitude?"

Edited to add Hindu to your list of evil people in the world
Which part of the 1st Ammendment don't you get?

If you allow laws based on one religion, you open the country to become a religious state that allows religious based discrimination,, which we're already starting to see.

Again, there's no difference between allowing catholic business owners to deny birth control coverage to their employees and Jahova's Witness being allowed to deny employees blood transfusions.

If you can't understand that, then you're a extremist. That's just the reality. It's not about what you believe, you're allowed to believe that, the issue is when we allow legal religious presecution.

Reactions: WAP