GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
IF we buy gas from up north and ship it by rail, then it will be more expensive than a pipeline.

Yes, our roads are awful, but the gas tax doesn't fix it.

There are two parts to the gas tax - the federal tax (about 18 cents) that goes to the highway trust fund and the state portion that goes to all sorts of places (DMV, law enforcement, public transit) including things that have nothing to do with any sort of transportation (schools for example). The state tax is far higher than the federal tax.

View attachment 205649

The 25 billion the feds take in doesn't come close to funding roads and bridges.
Yeah, they estimate required expense around 2 Trillion.
https://www.creditkarma.com/tax/i/w... you top off,things like highways and bridges.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
There is no increase, because there is no reason to pull oil out of ND/MT fracking or AB tar sands. There is no oil being transported down anymore, like none. The huge rail traffic is gone, the jobs are gone. It was a boom and bust up there. We are barely extracting shit from ND/MD, and sure as hell not fracking anymore.

And I agree. We could use more money to fix our broken roads. American roads eat shit.
... and wheels. :cry:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We have pipelines already. A bunch of them in fact.

The increase in oil price is due to Russia and Saudi Arabia not increasing production.

They were both slow to cut production at the start of the pandemic, which caused oil prices to collapse.

You're seriously a partisan hack if you think cancelation of a pipelines that wasn't even operational is what's causing prices to surge,. There are 8 crude pipelines already from Canada to the US.
Liquid-Pipelines-map-530.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No, Saudi Arabia and Russia not increasing production is what's spiking costs, not the lack of an addition pipeline from Canada.

IF we buy gas from up north and ship it by rail, then it will be more expensive than a pipeline.

Yes, our roads are awful, but the gas tax doesn't fix it.

There are two parts to the gas tax - the federal tax (about 18 cents) that goes to the highway trust fund and the state portion that goes to all sorts of places (DMV, law enforcement, public transit) including things that have nothing to do with any sort of transportation (schools for example). The state tax is far higher than the federal tax.

View attachment 205649

The 25 billion the feds take in doesn't come close to funding roads and bridges.
But nothing has changed. They've been bringing it in by rail. The pipeline wasn't finished.

And I said the federal gas tax I didn't mention individual states.

cb1111

Part of it. Canceling the pipeline will increase transportation costs and lead to higher prices. Combined with the "going green" gives the oil companies carte blanche to do what they want with prices. Oh, and while we're at it, let's raise the gas tax.
I guess none of you read my post before you slammed it. I've posted it again for your edification and bolded parts that you may want to re-read.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I guess none of you read my post before you slammed it. I've posted it again for your edification and bolded parts that you may want to re-read.
The part you're not getting is transportation costs won't increase because nothing has changed. They weren't using the unfinished pipeline. Sure inflation will add cost but that's always true.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That isn't true either.

Again, Saudi Arabia and Russia not increasing output as demand has started to increase is what's spiking prices

End of story.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That isn't true either.

Again, Saudi Arabia and Russia not increasing output as demand has started to increase is what's spiking prices

End of story.
I'm pretty sure the Saudis aren't happy with that report the wh released too. I doubt things will get cheaper

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Here's daily world output. Again, as demand increases due to western countries coming out of the pandemic, production isn't increasing.

That's it. It isn't rocket science. Supply low, demand increasing, prices increase.

It happens when natural disasters cut supply, attacks on oil facilities in Saidi Arabia occur (which happened last week), or a country wants to weaponize oil prices to send a political statement, which both Saidi Arabia and Russia are currently doing after the release of the report pointing the finger an MBS and new sanctions on Russian officials for imprissioning a political rival of Putin after having failed to kill him with through poisoning him.

Screenshot_20210307-230716_Chrome.jpg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Burger King won the internet today. Waiting for cancel culture to boycott them for promoting something so insane as 'women' using statistics.
1615214013721.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
1615214089341.png