GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I doubt there is much of a performance drop between 200 and 400 cell but my tune was made for a 200 so that's what I went with.

I will say it makes the car much louder just adding the down pipe and high flow cat.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'd run my tank low and dump a bunch of dat Dr Green Thumb in there before a car meet
I don't know if they still do but Royal Purple used to put a scent in their engine oil so when racing if you were behind someone using it you could smell it.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I doubt there is much of a performance drop between 200 and 400 cell but my tune was made for a 200 so that's what I went with.

I will say it makes the car much louder just adding the down pipe and high flow cat.
Curious to see what I get outta the GSW sound wise. The FWD 1.8T exhaust is super quiet as it is, to the point you only really hear it if you stand behind the car.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Good to know, I thought a 200 cell would work based on the fact most OTSes come with one. DP has it butted up right against the turbo after the bend, so hopefully it helps with quicker warm ups too. Found a G-sport GESI 300 cell for $140, so that's my backup to replace the ARM 200 cell in the odd chance it does.

Mine is in the factory spot right next to the turbo. You might need spacer though. Mine came on after about 1k miles. Then it would randomly come and go. With the spacer...it has yet to come back. I wouldn't worry about smell. I also have a stock exhaust.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Mine is in the factory spot right next to the turbo. You might need spacer though. Mine came on after about 1k miles. Then it would randomly come and go. With the spacer...it has yet to come back. I wouldn't worry about smell.
Awesome info. What spacer did you go with? Some forum threads suggest the Vibrant medium straight spacer for a 200 cell, but I've also heard they're discontinued.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Awesome info. What spacer did you go with? Some forum threads suggest the Vibrant medium straight spacer for a 200 cell, but I've also heard they're discontinued.

I went with the Vibrant straight spacer with the medium spacer since my o2 is after the cat. I think I could have used the larger spacer...or not even use one. If the o2 bung is before the cat...I believe you would use the "J" spacer. I'm using a JB4...so no flash tune.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I went with the Vibrant straight spacer with the medium spacer. I think I could have used the larger one...or not even use one. If the o2 bung is before the car...I believe you would use the "J" spacer.
Gotcha, mines post cat and right before the flex section. Guess I'll have to search around and see if anyone has some of the Vibrants still in stock.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
There are Vibrant clones on eBay. I don't think they function any different than the original. Its a metal tube that moves the o2 out of the downpipe😁.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
There are Vibrant clones on eBay. I don't think they function any different than the original. Its a metal tube that moves the o2 out of the downpipe😁.
I'm running a Vibrant clone and it's been solid for thousands of miles.