GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

cb1111

I honestly compare deliberate misinformation about COVID and vaccines to be the same thing. On a much larger scale

What I was trying to indicate with "deliberate" was someone... let's say a whacko female politician who raves against vaccines and masks. Someone who is, in fact vaccinated and KNOWS the information she is spreading is false but she does it anyway to display loyalty to her leader and her base. Sorry for being unclear.

Absolutely correct.

There might be a question if the CDC were recommending vaccination while health authorities in other countries were recommending against it.

Here, every single health authority recommends getting vaccinated. Many are saying that those who are unvaccinated will get sick.

So yes, if the misinformation (and in this thread much of it is deliberate) dissuades someone from getting vaccinated, that person gets ill and infects 5 to 8 others, and one those dies, then they are responsible.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
So yes, if the misinformation (and in this thread much of it is deliberate) dissuades someone from getting vaccinated, that person gets ill and infects 5 to 8 others, and one those dies, then they are responsible.

This I don't agree with... no disrespect. Each person decides for themselves to accept or reject information. They are responsible for what they choose to believe and how they choose act which is a direct result of freedom of speech. Every day we make choices about who to believe and who to trust. I can't shoot the messenger (regardless of how much I'd like to) when I'm the one who jumped off the roof after believing I could fly from a pill I bought from a guy in an alley near the movie theater.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Absolutely correct.

There might be a question if the CDC were recommending vaccination while health authorities in other countries were recommending against it.

Here, every single health authority recommends getting vaccinated. Many are saying that those who are unvaccinated will get sick.

It would be enlightening to know who in this thread has been dissuaded from getting the vaccine because of the negative posts.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This I don't agree with... no disrespect. Each person decides for themselves to accept or reject information. They are responsible for what they chose to believe and act which is a direct result of freedom of speech. Every day we make choices about who to believe and who to trust. I can't shoot the messenger (regardless of how much I'd like to) when I'm the one who jumped off the roof after believing I could fly from a pill I bought from a guy in an alley near the movie theater.
Did the pill work? 😂💊

cb1111

This I don't agree with... no disrespect. Each person decides for themselves to accept or reject information. They are responsible for what they chose to believe and act which is a direct result of freedom of speech. Every day we make choices about who to believe and who to trust. I can't shoot the messenger (regardless of how much I'd like to) when I'm the one who jumped off the roof after believing I could fly from a pill I bought from a guy in an alley near the movie theater.
Well, you couldn't do that because you'd be dead :p - but the "messenger" would be charged and convicted.

I lived through the 70's in Germany. We had a couple of kids at school that got those pills that made them fly off a balcony. the seller was charged, convicted and sentenced for two murders.

yes, each person decides for themselves what information to accept or reject - but what happens in the exposed to a barrage of incorrect information diguised as fact - just like the kids that were told that those pills would make them feel good and are perfectly safe.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't know, but talking of misinformation Parkland Survivor Says QAnon Convinced His Dad That Shooting Was Hoax (insider.com).

Misinformation can be delivered in such a way that it seems plausible and people will believe it.
No doubt misinformation causes people to make bad decisions but you have mentioned a few times that you think some people in this thread have been influenced by misinformation and I would like to see who will admit being swayed against getting the vaccine from the information in this thread.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I would hope not too many people are willing to die for their "cause" these days.

That sounds like the kind of talk someone gives themselves before they drive a car onto the sidewalk.

Or walks into a crowded market with an explosive vest.

Fucking crazies.

Reactions: WAP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

So if lie and yell fire in a movie theater, and people are trampled to death, it's their fault for believing me?

cb1111

So if lie and yell fire in a movie theater, and people are trampled to death, it's their fault for believing me?
Of course not, but I see 1L's position - although he is giving people too much credit for having a brain and being capable of rational thought.

Rational people wouldn't buy into that QAnon crap - but people do. Zricky probably believes the crap he posts - he got that isinformation from somewhere because he isn't the first guy that thought of it - and he bought into it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Of course not, but I see 1L's position - although he is giving people too much credit for having a brain and being capable of rational thought.

Rational people wouldn't buy into that QAnon crap - but people do. Zricky probably believes the crap he posts - he got that isinformation from somewhere because he isn't the first guy that thought of it - and he bought into it.
I'm not defending Zrick’s and position on vaccines but remember he said that he had a bad reaction to a vaccine that contributed to his health problems. And like I said I'm not defending him but I can at least understand his apprehension if he believes that.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'm not defending Zrick’s and position on vaccines but remember he said that he had a bad reaction to a vaccine that contributed to his health problems. And like I said I'm not defending him but I can at least understand his apprehension if he believes that.
I'm definitely not the only one. Parents have dead kids and have paid for billboards. They gather and protest. Make movies. When an old person dies, it's sad. When it's a kid after a vaccine, it's 'coincidence.'

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI