GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You might want to read the "right to work" laws that conservatives have passed in the states they control.

They don't have to have a reason to fire you and employers can already require people be vaccinated, drug tested, and give all medical history that could impact an employees ability to perform their job.

But go on, this is amusing watching conservatives cry about victimized by the very laws they passed to try and victimize other people.
They can require drug testing but I don't think they can require vaccinations.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They can require drug testing but I don't think they can require vaccinations.

Sure can. Every hospital I've worked at. If you don't get them, you better have a medical waiver or religious exemption, or you're getting fired.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sure can. Every hospital I've worked at. If you don't get them, you better have a medical waiver or religious exemption, or you're getting fired.
Of course it's more stringent at a hospital but as you said there are exceptions.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You might want to read the "right to work" laws that conservatives have passed in the states they control.

They don't have to have a reason to fire you and employers can already require people be vaccinated, drug tested, and give all medical history that could impact an employees ability to perform their job.

But go on, this is amusing watching conservatives cry about victimized by the very laws they passed to try and victimize other people.
I found your avatar on another forum.

1623723979219.png

cb1111

Yes, "at will" work laws don't allow an employeer to do as they please - unless the policy they apply is equal. Employers can require vaccinations if they can show a business reason for doing that (they can) and they require it from all employees in a work unit, organization or what not. They cannot, for example, require vaccinations only for males, or hispanics or what-not, but requiring it from everyone if perfectly fine according to the law.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yes, "at will" work laws don't allow an employeer to do as they please - unless the policy they apply is equal. Employers can require vaccinations if they can show a business reason for doing that (they can) and they require it from all employees in a work unit, organization or what not. They cannot, for example, require vaccinations only for males, or hispanics or what-not, but requiring it from everyone if perfectly fine according to the law.

I guess I did mean at will. At will and right to work laws are both conservative attacks on workers.

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Don't be ridiculous. The employer has never been liable when anyone gets sick.
You get injured at work, sure. You catch the flu, forget it. How can you prove they didn't catch it outside the office? YOU CAN'T.
My workplace has a sign on the door that says they are not responsible if you get COVID. I think it's absurd, but there it is.

"the fully vaccinated will continue to wear masks because they are afraid of the un-vaccinated"
UH, DOES THE VACCINE WORK OR NOT?
I doubt he understands his own blunder.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Don't be ridiculous. The employer has never been liable when anyone gets sick.
You get injured at work, sure. You catch the flu, forget it. How can you prove they didn't catch it outside the office? YOU CAN'T.
My workplace has a sign on the door that says they are not responsible if you get COVID. I think it's absurd, but there it is.

"the fully vaccinated will continue to wear masks because they are afraid of the un-vaccinated"
UH, DOES THE VACCINE WORK OR NOT?

The vaccine does work. No vaccine ever has been 100% effective.