GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I honestly compare deliberate misinformation about COVID and vaccines to be the same thing. On a much larger scale.
I disagree. Yelling fire in a theater when there's no fire is an obvious attempt to create panic. People who don't believe in vaccines aren't lying. They are stating their beliefs however misguided they may be.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I believe thousands of military, police, firefighters etc would disagree with you.

In context. If people were willing to die to protect the values in which this nation was founded upon, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. Maybe it's the "all enemies foreign and domestic" part which has been lost instead.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I doubt that will pass and if it does we'll see if it holds up against the lawsuits that will follow.
I agree it's unlikely to pass, but it's a little frightening that it's being pushed. I also think the supreme court would strike it down in a hurry, but I don't want to have to rely on that. My other concern is that this is just a way of pressuring tech companies into compromising on section 230; sort of a "work with us or else this is what you'll get instead".

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
The point is this isn't something that's safe when you have both dems and republicans seeking to revoke it. Yet, you want me to believe it's an unrealistic possibility. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the importance of free speech.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The point is this isn't something that's safe when you have both dems and republicans seeking to revoke it. Yet, you want me to believe it's an unrealistic possibility. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the importance of free speech.
I was talking about a president isn't likely to veto the military budget to get what they want.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
He wouldn't have to. That was just a hail mary effort from Trump at the end of his term. The point isn't how he tried to do it. All that matters is both sides want it gone, so to think it can't happen is being a bit naive. That same mentality is the reason we're still under the patriot act.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I disagree. Yelling fire in a theater when there's no fire is an obvious attempt to create panic. People who don't believe in vaccines aren't lying. They are stating their beliefs however misguided they may be.
What I was trying to indicate with "deliberate" was someone... let's say a whacko female politician who raves against vaccines and masks. Someone who is, in fact vaccinated and KNOWS the information she is spreading is false but she does it anyway to display loyalty to her leader and her base. Sorry for being unclear.