GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Connects2 Information Thread

full20v

com get some u little bum
Car(s)
gti
this is nice really answered ALL posible questions :clap:.... now just waiting on my connects2 from caraudiosecurity its only been a month though and 4 phone calls... :mad0259:

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
this is nice really answered ALL posible questions :clap:.... now just waiting on my connects2 from caraudiosecurity its only been a month though and 4 phone calls... :mad0259:

damn.. did you get an email saying it shipped? I ordered some stuff like a week ago and got an email that it shipped within a couple days. of course, I can't track it since its an international shipment, but hopefully they did actually ship it out

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I was not aware that you could still navigate through the other menus, and did you say it will help display song titles and such on the MFD?

From what you are describing, I may have to invest in a connects2 pretty soon as well :thumbsup:

Yep you can toggle through the other menus just the same as stock with the right Hand buttons.

I'm using connects2 and is the best one out there, but still think they could display a bit more than just 'Alpine' however the 6cd didn't even display track info (only TRACK01 etc).

Anyway great idea with this thread, as there are a lot of questions scattered throughout the forum on the connects2.

Personally I think it's worth sanding and painting the faceplate that goes around the HU to match the car - looks much better than the rough black plastic.

I havent tested putting the factory HU back in but trust it would be a problem - not sure if you should cut anything though.

full20v

Car(s)
gti
damn.. did you get an email saying it shipped? I ordered some stuff like a week ago and got an email that it shipped within a couple days. of course, I can't track it since its an international shipment, but hopefully they did actually ship it out

o yea i got that email about 3-4 business days... and i called and got a tracking # after a couple calls and emails they came to the conclusion that it was lost in the mail and decided to send me another one which was "shipped" yesterday and so the the 3-4 business days email came again but we will see am giving them one more week :fighting0030: after that i'll just want a refund..........

shutupanddrive

Captain Break S***
Car(s)
PCH roller
I ditched the PAC stuff for connects2 yesterday.

PAC VS. Connects2

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
I got my stuff from CAS today.. holy cow its sooo tiny compared to all the bulky PAC crap.

It shipped 3/6 and I got it today 3/16, so not bad at all coming from the UK

lf06vwjtdi

I'm about to place the Connects2 order, and I have the following items in my shopping cart:

CTSVW002
CTPIONEERLEAD
1230132005 Double-DIN Fascia

I'm not clear as to whether or not I do need the antenna adaptor. Could anyone please clarify so that I can proceed with the order?

Thanks in advance for your help.

full20v

Car(s)
gti
I'm about to place the Connects2 order, and I have the following items in my shopping cart:

CTSVW002
CTPIONEERLEAD
1230132005 Double-DIN Fascia

I'm not clear as to whether or not I do need the antenna adaptor. Could anyone please clarify so that I can proceed with the order?

Thanks in advance for your help.

yea u need the antenna adapter

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I got my stuff from CAS today.. holy cow its sooo tiny compared to all the bulky PAC crap.

It's good stuff isn't it - must be a dream for installers.

There is also no real lag, has anyone noticed that? (However the alpine headunit has it's on delay when changing tracks.

Chris@RT

Banned
What is everyone paying for shipping from the UK on these?

I have needed to do this for a while on my A3 but have not wanted to spend all the loot on the mess of pac stuff but this being smaller and cheaper may finally have me doing it.

I may be over in the UK in a few weeks and I could potentially look into having a few just shipped to our office there and bring them back.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
the whole setup is like around $80. get a container of em shipped over :)