GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Bulletproof PCV Revamp

leviathan18

Ready to race!
phil why would i need the catch can over this ?

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
phil why would i need the catch can over this ?

The Stage 1 setup deals with the performance issues that are caused by a loss of boost.

The stage 2 takes this a step further by accumulating all of the oil that is passed through naturally by the PCV.

Oil is bad for the internals of the motor and bad for performance as it lowers the flash point of the gasoline being sprayed in (makes it more likely to detonate early).

Make sense?

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Under what scenarios would you NOT have a rear check valve. is it one of those "if you removed it you dont have it, if you didnt touch it you do have it"

different pcv versions have different check valves. my 06 didnt have one at first. but once i got a new pcv kit, then that came with the check valve. to remove the check valve u just need to take off the rear pcv and push the check valve with a screw driver. and thats it

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
The early VW PCV systems didnt have a check valve in the back hose, both were in the front, in later rev's they moved one of the valves from the front to the back to help the issue with blowing out the front pcv...so it matters what year you have, and if you ever got the new rev pcv system or rear one.

One way to tell is seeing what rev the front one is. but like he said it wont make a differance if you have it or not as it will still function properly in both cases.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Under what scenarios would you NOT have a rear check valve. is it one of those "if you removed it you dont have it, if you didnt touch it you do have it"

06's and some 07's did not have it. Removal of the check valve is VERY easy.

ChiliFrei64

Pappa Smurf
different pcv versions have different check valves. my 06 didnt have one at first. but once i got a new pcv kit, then that came with the check valve. to remove the check valve u just need to take off the rear pcv and push the check valve with a screw driver. and thats it

so you dont actually remove it.. you "push it with a screw driver" to jam it up?

ChiliFrei64

Pappa Smurf
ok so you push it out with a screw driver.. or thumb.. I read push it with a screw driver and thought jamming it up.. pushing it out makes more sense..

Will there be a how to for that somewhere just in case?. I really have no idea what I have in the rear PCV.. but I already know the putting sound would annoy me.

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I'm gonna deal with the putting sound and let everyone think that my car is assed out. Plus removing that rear hose without it being completely necessary is a pain in the ass. But to each his own. I ordered one too. Once again thanks much Phil and crew!! :thumbsup: BSHFTW indeed!!