GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Bulletproof PCV Revamp

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi

Introduction
BSH is pleased to announce the release of the Bulletproof PCV Revamp. The kit is a three piece design, a PCV inlet port, a guidance block, and a manifold block off plug. Each component has been designed to accomplish the goals for the Bulletproof product line, rock solid performance, easy to maintain, and aesthetic enhancement of the respective part of the car.

PCV Function:

PCV systems typically have two ports where crankcase pressure can be ventilated. One vents the crank case itself and will be near the bottom of the engine, typically off of the oil cooler housing, the other will vent the top of the motor and will most commonly be found on the valve cover. On OBD II compliant vehicles vented gasses are then routed to a port on the intake of the vehicle typically pre turbo charger on forced induction engines. The intake is used as air is always being pulled through it and as such provides the environment for a slightly lower than atmospheric pressure area.

The PCV system on the 2.0T BPY motor has all of these traits. The primary difference between the 2.0T and many other turbo vehicles is that the 2.0T has a port directly tied to the intake manifold and while in vacuum vents to this port on the intake manifold. When boost is built the factory setup relies on a check valve in the front PCV to stop boost pressure from going through the intake manifold port and pushing back into the crank case. Instead pressure is directed from the crankcase to a port on the rear of the valve cover commonly referred to as the rear PCV. As has clearly been seen on most modified and even factory stock cars, the check valve whose job it is to stop boost pressure from re-entering the crank case just isn’t cutting it! When the check valve fails pressure is passed through the system that is supposed to be venting it and back into the crank case. Symptoms of this are a noticeable loss in performance, a decrease in gas mileage, rough idle, and oil being blown out of the oil cap.

Past Solutions:
Early remedies to this issue took the approach of adding another check valve into the system. This design, while logical, has seemed to lack in numerous other areas. When heat and oil come together little issues arise without the right materials selection. Common issues have been with the valves sticking open or shut do to oil contamination, hoses cracking and breaking, and total valve failure either due to misuse or fatigue.

To remedy this situation once and for all we have engineered the Bulletproof PCV Revamp.

Function:
Manufactured in the US out of billet aluminum the new Bulletproof PCV Revamp hits every identified problem and does so while enhancing the look of the engine bay. By utilizing existing factory ports we are able to properly vent pressure from the crank case, without affecting emissions compliance, and never having boost act on the system. This system eliminates intake manifold interaction and provides a new path for crank case pressure that utilizes the freest flowing ports available to ensure complete ventilation.

Components:

This kit was designed to fit under the factory engine cover without modification required. On the valve cover, the supplied PCV inlet port is designed to allow the factory hose to snap right into place to bring all the crank case gasses to the factory ports. Once the gasses have passed through the inlet they will merge with the gasses from the top of the motor and continue on the factory path to our supplied guidance block.

The guidance block has a machined passage way for pressure and gasses to pass through and be directed to the intake side of the turbocharger. These ports were sized to allow the necessary flow for high powered engines and are an increase over the factory port sizes. The guidance block seals to the valve cover utilizing the factory gasket and hardware.

As these parts will have oil passing through them, the design allows for very easy maintenance. Unscrew the two screws that hold the guidance block on, pull it off and wipe it off, put it back on and your done! Less then a 5 minute job.

To prevent a massive leak on the intake manifold and to do so without sticking a bolt in a piece of hose, we have developed a billet cap for the port on the manifold. The cap covers the port on the intake manifold and seals it with a supplied O-ring. The cap is then locked into place with three set screws that mimic the factories attachment.

Installation:
Coming complete with installation instructions this kit can be installed in under a half an hour using common tools. There is no modification required to any factory component to install.

Compatibility with various OEM configurations:
These parts will bolt up to the 2.0T BPY engine. We have tested this kit on cars equipped with and without the factory check valve in the rear PCV. For cars without the check valve there is nothing of interest to report. On cars with the check valve, you will notice a putting sound as the volume of air passes through the check valve. This is not harmful and if the sound is deemed an annoyance simply removing the check valve will get rid of the sound. The check valve is present in the rear PCV to stop air from being sucked through at idle on the factory design and will have no benefit to the Bulletproof Revamp.

Conclusion:
Combined these three components solve a problem that has plagued the 2.0T since its release. No more check valves to fail, no more hoses to tear, and no more wondering if today is going to be the day.

Introductory Offer:
The Bulletproof PCV Revamp will start shipping next week and for the Golf MKV community we are having a pre introductory offer of $89.99 including free ground shipping anywhere in the US. In addition you can add two day shipping for $5 anywhere in the US. This introductory offer will be available for the first 25 kits sold! Afterwards list price will be $99.99. As a bonus, if the first 25 kits sell within 48 hours we will extend the deal for the next batch of 25.

Thanks for taking the time to read over this! Please let me know if you have any questions.

-Phill

Last edited:

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
i posted in the other thread. already ordered. I'm going to send you an email about shipping Phil. left you a note on the order. :)

more goodie :S

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
where is the catch can setup?

it'll come and from the looks of the design will replace the solid piece on the current version

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Interesting. So the whole stage 1 and 2 thing is gone and this is the one and only product?

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
So, if I get this now, can I wait and get the catch can later when it is released? or will you be releasing that soon as well?

Absolutely. The catch can setup is being finished and will be available seperately as an add on/upgrade to Stage 1. Its questionable whether the can will fit under the engine cover and in all honesty this product has the widest appeal due to the cost so it was the first release.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Interesting. So the whole stage 1 and 2 thing is gone and this is the one and only product?

Stage 2 will be coming second. This was the first to completion and therefore the first to market. :smile:

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Tthis looks like the 1st real solution to the problem. love it! I guess i need to try tand find a rear pcv that does not have the valve in it bc mine does right now...and dont want the noise you were talking about.

Cant wait to see stg 2, hopefully will fit under stock box.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
haha, i just saw that and edited my post

Once again good job man! think VW need to hire this Phil fella to do some design work...!