GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Bruce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Here a good example of "the Bruce" being abusive in this thread..........

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7440

Quote "How mad is it to drive summer tyres in the snow and then wonder why it feels weired?
It takes the IQ of sliced bread to know it couldn't work.

Both winter tyres and GTI winter ability topics have been already debated before.

Do a search. Or even better don't drive, just walk.

No, it's not what you wanted to read. But it's the truth and I think it's best for you to
learn it right now instead of killing others on an accident. """" end Quote..

That's really uncalled for......................insulting the OP by stating they have the IQ of sliced bread & suggesting they are killing others........... & some of you think this "direct" approach is OK?..........no wonder he got banned!!!!

I find nothing wrong with what The Bruce said there.

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
I think its a strange thread, I thought about commenting or not as I didn't want to add to the thread environment, but some of the comments in here are frustrating.

:people are speculating without any knowledge of what has gone on and why someone has been banned. We don't know what correspondents or PM's have been exchanged or not, we don't know which one of the forum rules have been broken, but I am sure the moderators/admin had valid reasons based on the forums guidelines.

:The moderators don't have to explain there actions in public to any person that joins this FREE forum. They don't have to answer to us, so please stop asking/demanding for them to come on here and explain themselves.

:Without knowing what went on, no injustice has taken place, things happen on all forums.

Regarding Bruce: Sometimes he seemed ok, sometimes I thought he was wrong, or out of order, but sh@t happens...

Last edited:

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
It was only last week that i became a member. Bought my shiny new Gti, all excited i came on here asking about the Fender Audio and to join the community. He told me to 'do a search' then to piss off. lol. Funny enough i did say keep contributing like that, it'll get you far !! (which i probably shouldn't of risen too) and low and behold he's now banned. Technical contributions, high post count or not, he came across as a complete idiot to me.

The bottom line is if you wouldn't speak to someone like that in real life, unless looking for a fight, then don't do it on a forum. My first impressions as a forum noob were, well this isn't a nice place all cos of one member. Much like going into a pub / bar and being met with confrontation. You'd not go back. So if he's been going around like that here, i can fully understand why he's been banned. Yes its a shame if he's been contributing some excellent technical knowledge, but he's his own doing. Costs nothing to be helpful rather than rude. The owners of this forum no doubt want to create a friendly forum. Probably been reading his replies and the build up and one said ok, enough of this fella and dropped the hammer.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
I joined this forum to gain info and learn from others hopeing to treat my VW better than if I just went in willy nilly. As with all forums you get the odd one or two who want to modify and not always for the best reasons, the advice given by Bruce from what I read was true and some forum users just don't get what people are trying to say and missinterpet the manner in which it's said.
If some one knows different then so be it but it feels a bit like a kangaroo court.

tallgeese

Passed Driver's Ed
Here a good example of "the Bruce" being abusive in this thread..........

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7440

Quote "How mad is it to drive summer tyres in the snow and then wonder why it feels weired?
It takes the IQ of sliced bread to know it couldn't work.

Both winter tyres and GTI winter ability topics have been already debated before.

Do a search. Or even better don't drive, just walk.

No, it's not what you wanted to read. But it's the truth and I think it's best for you to
learn it right now instead of killing others on an accident. """" end Quote..

That's really uncalled for......................insulting the OP by stating they have the IQ of sliced bread & suggesting they are killing others........... & some of you think this "direct" approach is OK?..........no wonder he got banned!!!!

Lol...if you or anyone is offended by this...you truly need to grow some thicker skin. This is the internet, do not take everything to heart.

I don't know the full story, maybe Bruce really fked up. But regardless, I'm regretting becoming a part of the VW community. ..it seems that it is full of whiny bitches.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Lol...if you or anyone is offended by this...you truly need to grow some thicker skin. This is the internet, do not take everything to heart.

I don't know the full story, maybe Bruce really fked up. But regardless, I'm regretting becoming a part of the VW community. ..it seems that it is full of whiny bitches.

You should have seen how badly things occasionally got on the MK6 forums.
What The Bruce said is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.