GOLFMKV

The Bruce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
So, what happened?? The Bruce only added his knowledge (great for sure) to the forum. Can anyone tell us why he was banned? This forum needs less information spread from his own members?

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
He could at times be somewhat direct...

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
It seems that nobody knows. Could the moderators answer to this? He never answered in bad manner. He was very helpful and is well informed in VWs. Doesn't this forum need this kind of contribution? If not, what's its purpose?
Direct? I like direct too. Please, recall some "direct" members that still exist and are spreading their thoughts (almost anytime wrong) as facts.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I think he was a very knowledgeable guy, but there is a thin line between being knowledgeable and coming off as a cocky know it all. He would cross the line from time to time. I know I've done it before too, especially when I drink and post lol! Maybe language was a factor too?

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Agree, but there are way more irritating members which are not banned. He is a great source of information and a great loss to the forum. Would the moderators reply? By the way, he is still posting on the mk6 forum. What's different with the mk7 one?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I don't know for sure but he was being very abusive & childish in his posts towards me in this thread.....

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7855&page=2

One or two of his post have been removed..........I have been on other forums for a number of years & "idiots" are a hazard, so I chose to ignore his abusive posts (which were deleted by someone)...........I logged off for a time (out for the afternoon). When I logged back I saw that he was banned........NOT my doing I hasten to add!!!

He couldn't state why I was wrong in what I state & chose to ignore that I had mentioned "vertical moment of inertia"................

Him stating just "Mass" is so incorrect for dealing with handling it's not true! "Mass" as a term is very limiting in engineering structural, & automotive, calculations. (I studied structural engineering at University)

Bore yourself stupid.............good linky to suspension design

http://www.rqriley.com/suspensn.htm

In fact we don't use Newtons "Absolute" system, but the "engineering or gravitational" system. In handling terms it is more important to calculate where the weight in the car is relative to the front & rear axles, the central axis & the moment of inertia (polar)! i.e the "dumb-bell" principal....

"Mass" has nothing to do with handling details, you could have two cars with the same external dimensions, same wheelbase, same mass but totally different handling because of where each of the weights of the items in the car are relative to the front & rear axles etc etc..................

..also in a braking situation the estate has the extra 80kg weight increase over the hatch.............all of it acting on the rear axle!!!...so better braking from the rear & better balance.............also it would understeer less than the hatch as the rear will balance the heavy nose "out"...............also most of the weight of the estate is in the exhaust, spare wheel well & crash bar & floor pan.......all items which are low off the ground.......................

Sorry to bore but I'll end now..............

He also stated I should read what he has written, but did not include any links..............

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Lost an asset for sure. May of had "a matter of fact" direct approach but hey, he was typically right.

How about a request to admin???

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
It's not my place to suggest how this private forum should be run but a warning or infraction system would be a more fair system for member control, give people a chance as we all have bad days.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Banned??!!

He was one of my favorite posters on this forum.
His knowledge -real knowledge, not boy race bs - was excellent.
I never found him to come off cocky.

I hope he can come back.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It's not my place to suggest how this private forum should be run but a warning or infraction system would be a more fair system for member control, give people a chance as we all have bad days.

Without a doubt.

Stripey

Ready to race!
I'm sure this guy will just come back under a different name, so the only loss to this forum will be his previous user name. And I'm sure he's reading these posts So knowing he has a fan club will entice him back!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I'm sure this guy will just come back under a different name, so the only loss to this forum will be his previous user name. And I'm sure he's reading these posts So knowing he has a fan club will entice him back!

Time to start a "Bring The Bruce Back" petition :)

Loved his posts about suspension with another forum member and how rubber is better than poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.