GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
People actually get raises? I haven't seen one of those in years.

Same here. I get paid the same for each delivery that I make for the last ten years. I'm a contractor and if I tried to raise my price they would just get someone else.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It was only a matter of time until you insult my intelligence or lack of. I want Trump to get reelected if for no other reason than for you to suffer four more years of misery.

Thanks for proving your lack of intelligence and morals. Trump doesn't make me miserable. I'm fine. I can always go back to seeing patients if I lose my job. I have a military retirement and my wife has a GS retirement. We'll always be good and I have a great life. I don't like Trump because he's an incompetent con man that's fleecing poor Americans and he's an authoritarian white nationalist. None of that affects me directly, but I actually care what happens to other people. I get that you only care about you, but ironically can't see the connection between your own stagnant wages and neoliberal economics.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oh okay. I've just lost track of the ridiculous things you say. It's not like I'm keeping track of them.

You're the one making ridiculous claims. You've been given proof of both my claims.

Monetary supply has been increasing at a drastically higher rate than inflation. That tells you that money is being consolidated and sitting idle, slowing monetary velocity, which keeps inflation from increasing. If the money wasn't sitting idle, we would have seen out of control inflation. Have you ever wondered why we haven't seen hyperinflation with the rapid and massive expandion of the supply of money in the last 15 years? It's not a mystery. Massive sums of capital are sitting idle in the hands of a couple hundred people. There's way too much capital in our economy and it's distorted our monetary policy and markets.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Trickle down doesn't work if rich people just sit on all their dollars.

If everyone at Amazon made $22/hr (not including people that already make more) Bezos would still be the richest man in the world.

He'd probably actually get richer if he paid real wages since then people could use his service even more.

The problem is we allow the hyper wealthy to climb upon the backs of everyone below them. And then we pretend they're exceptional or brilliant instead of ruthless and stingy.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Trickle down doesn't work if rich people just sit on all their dollars.

If everyone at Amazon made $22/hr (not including people that already make more) Bezos would still be the richest man in the world.

He'd probably actually get richer if he paid real wages since then people could use his service even more.

The problem is we allow the hyper wealthy to climb upon the backs of everyone below them. And then we pretend they're exceptional or brilliant instead of ruthless and stingy.

Well how would you spend 140,000,000,000?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
You could afford your own personal isl....... oh shit.

Another stupid amazon question, does anybody use the smile.amazon.com or no? I had selected american institute for cancer research and they've only got 40 grand. All charities combined 183 million.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
People actually get raises? I haven't seen one of those in years.

Ive got $16 an hour in raises since 2017.

Still haven’t adjusted my side gig price list to reflect that...it’s on my to do list by the end of the year lol.

Other than the fact I’m shorting myself I feel the quality increase and investments in tools to help that justify a raise too...I’ll have to talk to management

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
$16 wow... I usually got my 1 year increase every 2 years or more.

Union step raises (now top of the pay scale) plus two large raises across the board (pre contract and the actual contract itself).

Honestly we were that far behind the rest of the industry, were still not at the top by any means.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I got hired in ‘13, was making $32k. 7yrs later I’m a touch north of 90k, and still behind the curve from my big-medical cohorts.... but they can’t touch my PTO package.