GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Because you are wrong!!!

Back to the current discussion.

I normally work from home four days per week. Only thing different is my lack of an office day each week, and my workload is less. I’m still performing at/above my quota, so meh.

Kids are home (3 and 5).

Wife is home.

All I want is to be in the office. I hate being around people. But hey, 3rd month of this nagging cough, won’t be in office for a while yet.

Have you had that cough checked out? Not for C19 because that wouldn't happen for 3 months but for another potential reason.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Went to the ole store to get some essentials. When I got to the self checkout, the girl came over and asked if this stuff on the screen was mine? I looked and there was about $30 worth of sheet on there that had been scanned. I said nope, and she said oh well I guess they just didn't pay and that she didn't notice. I wonder if this is becoming more common right now...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Went to the ole store to get some essentials. When I got to the self checkout, the girl came over and asked if this stuff on the screen was mine? I looked and there was about $30 worth of sheet on there that had been scanned. I said nope, and she said oh well I guess they just didn't pay and that she didn't notice. I wonder if this is becoming more common right now...

Wish I could find a store where the cashier is that ditzy.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I have blown through so much money on my truck and RC cars. Sadly I haven't done anything to the golf and have been putting off its 10k service, AND I smelled the clutch burning the last time I drove it... :(

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
And those people will further clog up hospitals, delaying care for those who did not attend. Not a good thing to wish for.
Yeah, the thing is, it’s not about the fact that these dumb people may catch it, it’s about the people they will pass it to and who those people then pass it to as well, clogging up hospitals and killing the venerable, in this picture the R0 number (infection rate) is 2, but with covid it’s actually 3 or 3.5 so the outcome is substantially worse!
6AB2CAEF-DD95-422B-8C29-1026B42915CA.jpeg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I have blown through so much money on my truck and RC cars. Sadly I haven't done anything to the golf and have been putting off its 10k service, AND I smelled the clutch burning the last time I drove it... :(

I need me another rc car. Used to race a lot of 1/10th scale dirt. Last rig I built was an 1/8 scale nitro mugen. Had a electric 1/8th kyosho that I raced a couple times.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I need me another rc car. Used to race a lot of 1/10th scale dirt. Last rig I built was an 1/8 scale nitro mugen. Had a electric 1/8th kyosho that I raced a couple times.

I gave my old XXXT MF editions and my M6 controller to one of my nephew's. Everything I had was state of the art in 2000, not so much today, but still fun to play around with. I would love to RC race again, but I have too many hobbies as it is.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I gave my old XXXT MF editions and my M6 controller to one of my nephew's. Everything I had was state of the art in 2000, not so much today, but still fun to play around with. I would love to RC race again, but I have too many hobbies as it is.

Haha yea. I did run a more recent 2wd buggy(2015ish) that had all the high end esc and motor. I couldn’t believe the power compared to the older batteries. First time out I was doing backwards cart wheels down the straight away. Insane

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Haha yea. I did run a more recent 2wd buggy(2015ish) that had all the high end esc and motor. I couldn’t believe the power compared to the older batteries. First time out I was doing backwards cart wheels down the straight away. Insane

I started RC racing when 1200 mah batteries were crazy. Lol. You had to know how to gear a car, cut brushes, and true a comm.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I was into buggies back in the day, then when I was restricted under Art.15, a friend went and bought/delivered me a AWD touring car. In Japan I built it as my drifter, that was fun a while.

Then I got this thing...

DEB962AF-8167-48BD-93E9-0EDA8725758F.jpeg

It’s got a bunch of mods and it keeps me from spending all my money building a real truggy.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I started RC racing when 1200 mah batteries were crazy. Lol. You had to know how to gear a car, cut brushes, and true a comm.

I started in probably the mid 90's. My buddy had a comm lathe, the ole matched battery packs hand built, hard soldered everything, Deans discharger. I beat a factory Losi guy one time and he was soooo mad lmao. I guess bc I was like 14

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Where I live we all have to wear disguises at the supermarket.

Person probably figured, fuck it, I'm dressed for the part. 😋

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I started in probably the mid 90's. My buddy had a comm lathe, the ole matched battery packs hand built, hard soldered everything, Deans discharger. I beat a factory Losi guy one time and he was soooo mad lmao. I guess bc I was like 14

I still have a scar on my thigh because I was soldering a new pack together the night before a race so I could cycle it a couple times with my string of light bulbs. Lol. Never solder in your underwear. I did 10th scale electric truck and I had 2 pan cars set up for oval. A10ss and a wide version too, because we had a banked asphalt oval and a flat short concete oval. Ran caps on the SS and foams on the wide car. I did more maintenance on those little cars than any car I've ever owned. Lol.

Last edited:

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT

I got into RC cars in high school and messed with them until about 5-6 years ago. Quarantine got me getting another crawler kit to build, and since we go for walks every day now around the neighborhood, it's been a lot of fun to drive the crawler. I just ordered some 3S battery packs to replace my 2S packs. Eventually I'll get a brushless system.

I also dug out my first RC car (a touring car) and have proceeded to order as many aluminum parts as possible to rebuild it and make it a nice shelf queen lol.