GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Back to bordom and how we're coping, I've been playing 7 days to die. You will waste many, many hours. You can also play in groups. My family has been playing together to survive the zombie apocalypse. Kind of a fitting game, because I'm pretty sure they're going to screw up the vaccine for this and create zombies.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've been enjoying having lunch with the wife and kids (6 and 8) pretty much every day.

And it's nice to sneak upstairs for afternoon delight. My little one totally busted the wife the other day "mommy, what happened to your hair, it's a hot mess" 🤣

So..................................number 3 will be here in 9 months? :ROFLMAO:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I've been enjoying having lunch with the wife and kids (6 and 8) pretty much every day.

And it's nice to sneak upstairs for afternoon delight. My little one totally busted the wife the other day "mommy, what happened to your hair, it's a hot mess" 🤣
Good ole afternoon tryst.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is anyone else dragging work out 5 times longer than it normally takes just so you have something to do? 4 of my 6 projects got delayed due to the pandemic.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Is anyone else dragging work out 5 times longer than it normally takes just so you have something to do? 4 of my 6 projects got delayed due to the pandemic.

Yes, but today is my first day doing one of my furloughed employees stuff, and nothing is working. I had hoped to have had everything wrapped up and slacking off by now :)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
^bingo. My lady got laid off and I'm working from home so Ive been having to fight her off with a stick lol

"I can't I have a video call in 15 minutes"
"So what we only need 6 minutes"
"Ok let's go"
Yes, alot of others seem to be doing the same. I've been working with my group of developers for a long time now and I'm seeing through the bullshit.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've actually been pretty busy this week. Our salesmen sold about 10 boats just between friday and saturday last week, so this week the whole dealership has been busy getting those boats prepared for demos and deliveries. Think we sold at least another 5 boats this week. We might actually end up selling the majority of our inventory. All of our used boats are sold. We've still got a good number of new boats, but the majority of our manufacturers have closed their factories. The brand we sell the most of still has their factory open, but they're putting a focus on sold boats and even before corona started it'd take about 30 weeks from the day we order a boat to the day we get it. Who knows what kind of delay we'll see now.

It's crazy to see how busy we are though. It's not anything we expected, but boating is one of the few activities people are allowed to do right now.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've actually been pretty busy this week. Our salesmen sold about 10 boats just between friday and saturday last week, so this week the whole dealership has been busy getting those boats prepared for demos and deliveries. Think we sold at least another 5 boats this week. We might actually end up selling the majority of our inventory. All of our used boats are sold. We've still got a good number of new boats, but the majority of our manufacturers have closed their factories. The brand we sell the most of still has their factory open, but they're putting a focus on sold boats and even before corona started it'd take about 30 weeks from the day we order a boat to the day we get it. Who knows what kind of delay we'll see now.

It's crazy to see how busy we are though. It's not anything we expected, but boating is one of the few activities people are allowed to do right now.

Yeah, it's mostly upper middle class and higher that are getting to work from home and not lost their jobs, so cheap financing makes it a good time to buy toys. I've been looking at an RV to take to the track.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Oh, I'm sorry. You must have me confused with some one who gives a shit? No one cares that you want a manual. No one cares that I bought a DSG once 13 years ago. Drive what works best for you. Thats why I can't believe that lame debate is still going on.

Because you are wrong!!!

Back to the current discussion.

I normally work from home four days per week. Only thing different is my lack of an office day each week, and my workload is less. I’m still performing at/above my quota, so meh.

Kids are home (3 and 5).

Wife is home.

All I want is to be in the office. I hate being around people. But hey, 3rd month of this nagging cough, won’t be in office for a while yet.