GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There was an article I read about Iceland talking about how they've tested a bunch of people whether they have symptoms or not. They didn't have a whole lot of people test positive, but from those that did half of them were asymptomatic.

That's the scariest part and how it will spread because most countries can't possibly test people without symptoms right now.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
i actually think I had it on December 26th, it came on suddenly and I was out of it for 10 days but didn’t fully recover for around 3 weeks, it was all the classic symptoms, I’ve had the flu vaccination too
I’ve been thinking the same. Had the worst cold/flu in years, hit me Feb 13, took nearly 4 weeks to fully clear up. All of the symptoms aside for shortness of breath. Wife and kids caught milder version, likely from me.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

nype

Drag Racing Champion
That's the scariest part and how it will spread because most countries can't possibly test people without symptoms right now.
The testing accuracy is also evolving. Whatever govt can do to promote social distancing and flatten the curve is the key.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I’ve been thinking the same. Had the worst cold/flu in years, hit me Feb 13, took nearly 4 weeks to fully clear up. All of the symptoms aside for shortness of breath. Wife and kids caught milder version, likely from me.

It appears one of the signs is loss of senses of taste and or smell....

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
It appears one of the signs is loss of senses of taste and or smell....
I've read that as well, but doesn't that happen with any cold?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I've read that as well, but doesn't that happen with any cold?

I get very mild flu's/colds...usually....when everybody else is floored with them.....& that's considering I have hayfever….

so its very difficult for me to actually say I have the flu/cold, ..maybe a slightly runny nose, slight occasional cough, etc...so a lose of taste or lose of sense of smell for me would be something different!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Due to having young children in school, I recently had a few colds recently and noticed my sense of taste and smell were off(passed on expensive take out). I wouldn't freak out if that's one of your symptoms. Trouble breathing/shortness of breath, a persistent dry cough and a temp are the ones to be concerned with.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've been checking my temperature with an infrared thermometer used to check temperatures of various things like a contractor would have. It doesn't measure to the tenth of a degree but it's close enough.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Due to having young children in school, I recently had a few colds recently and noticed my sense of taste and smell were off(passed on expensive take out). I wouldn't freak out if that's one of your symptoms. Trouble breathing/shortness of breath, a persistent dry cough and a temp are the ones to be concerned with.

If was out of breath/shortness of breath all the time I'd be very worried..

..I've been a good long/mid distance swimmer for most of my life, so have good healthy lungs.....

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
High temperature you would recognize.
I concur. Stay healthy folks. Hoping I can get through this. Weed smoking Asthma individual right here too. Woke up feeling super fatigued and feverish but no other symptoms of Covid at this time. Separated from the family until.....
05785A56-0A5D-4678-8930-26CEA60C94A8.jpeg