GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Some government agencies have been paying non-essential employees, but no one knows for how much longer.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I just saw some post from a guy asking where he could donate to help people working at grocery stores. Uhmmm well I would probably go up there and start handing out cash IMO. I'm out on all this internet crowd funding shit.

A local bbq place decided to sell raw meat to help pay employees. About 200 people showed up to stand in line and get brisket... Lol it's cool tho they were standing apart from each other. :ROFLMAO:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Local alcohol distilleries in Austin got a permit pushed through by city to make hand sanitizer and donated 1000 bottles to local law enforcement and are going to donate to San Antonio, Houston and Dallas.

Schools here are still providing breakfast and lunch for those students who need it. Just go and pickup.

Some local restaurants, line Estancia Chrrascaria are giving away free lunches as well.

It's nice how everyone is contributing.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Lumps of cells and/or fetuses aren't humans. A very early stage fetus is almost no different from a tumor. Contrary to popular right wing belief, the only abortions that happen in the second and third trimesters are because of pregnancies that could pose a danger to the mother, not evil women killing babies. A first trimester fetus -- the type that the vast majority of abortions take care of -- is simply a lump of cells. Abortion kills almost no humans - complications for women due to an abortion are exceedingly rare. Case closed.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
....aaaaaand back on track here, who's experiencing massive lagging with zoom or other software used by your companies? What are the alternatives for online collaboration? We totally ran out of VPN ability, bridge lines overwhelmed.....zoom doesn't allow video for free accounts anymore..
My company's VPN keeps freezing my remote desktop session. They're supposed to be increasing the VPN bandwidth for this coming week, but we'll see.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I love when people call zygotes and fetuses people. On another note, God aborts even more fetuses than doctors. We should really stop that mass murdering psycho.
^
....aaaaaand back on track here, who's experiencing massive lagging with zoom or other software used by your companies? What are the alternatives for online collaboration? We totally ran out of VPN ability, bridge lines overwhelmed.....zoom doesn't allow video for free accounts anymore..
We use Ms teams, its alright, not the best for video conferencing

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
In better news I took the car for a drive just now. Beautiful weather out and she is back down to 2800lbs. Super quick and nimble. Spirited race with a acura RSX as well!

Trust me... there was social distancing :)
2800lbs gang checking in! Mine was 2811 last year when I had it corner balanced. I did add an oil cooler and accusump since then so it's probably up to 2830 now

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Lumps of cells and/or fetuses aren't humans. A very early stage fetus is almost no different from a tumor. Contrary to popular right wing belief, the only abortions that happen in the second and third trimesters are because of pregnancies that could pose a danger to the mother, not evil women killing babies. A first trimester fetus -- the type that the vast majority of abortions take care of -- is simply a lump of cells. Abortion kills almost no humans - complications for women due to an abortion are exceedingly rare. Case closed.

Case not closed for me. We'll have to agree to disagree. Fortunately you weren't one of the numbers so you can post here. ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Case not closed for me. We'll have to agree to disagree. Fortunately you weren't one of the numbers so you can post here. ?

You can't disagree with basic facts. In no sense is a 1st trimester fetus a person. Brain activity isn't present until 24 week. The vast majority of elective abortions, other than heart wrenching choices made due to medical complications, are done before 20 weeks. And it's none of your business either. If you believe magic daddy gives fertilized eggs a soul, then don't have an abortion. The rest of us live in reality where it's still none of our damn business what a woman and her doctor decides to do. And the vast majority of abortions are spontaneous abortions, i.e. miscarriage, i.e. God aborted your fetus to test you, it's his plan.

Want to talk about murdering babies and people? Let's talk about that time God flooded the planet and killed every man, woman, child, baby and fetus because he got mad. Correction, everyone but the incest ship crew, that repopulated the entire planet through incest for the second time. Just stop. Don't have an abortion if you don't believe in having one.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
2800lbs gang checking in! Mine was 2811 last year when I had it corner balanced. I did add an oil cooler and accusump since then so it's probably up to 2830 now

How are you getting down to 2800 lbs?

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK6 gti

Our builds are so similar. I love it.

I had mine weighed at 2790 with this setup before. I added the rear diffusor though but then dropped 3lbs per corner... should still be in the same ballpark

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK6 gti
How are you getting down to 2800 lbs?

Wont speak for Jay but for me most of it comes from:

CF Hood
Bride Seat
Rear seat delete
2 dr no sunroof
Braille Battery
No spare (obviously)

Then a bunch of small stuff that adds up
-B6 Passat LCA
-Lighter brakes
-Lighter wheels

Etc

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wont speak for Jay but for me most of it comes from:

CF Hood
Bride Seat
Rear seat delete
2 dr no sunroof
Braille Battery
No spare (obviously)

Then a bunch of small stuff that adds up
-B6 Passat LCA
-Lighter brakes
-Lighter wheels

Etc

I'm trying to keep mine STH legal, be trackable, and still pretty streetable.

I've got the battery planned, I've got no sunroof, I've done Brembos up front, obviously remove the spare, lighter wheels, but tires are heavier, so cancels. I really don't want to replace the seats, and STH rules really make it not as worthwhile. I'll weigh mine soon and post. Is there a weight savings thread?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You can't disagree with basic facts. In no sense is a 1st trimester fetus a person. Brain activity isn't present until 24 week. The vast majority of elective abortions, other than heart wrenching choices made due to medical complications, are done before 20 weeks. And it's none of your business either. If you believe magic daddy gives fertilized eggs a soul, then don't have an abortion. The rest of us live in reality where it's still none of our damn business what a woman and her doctor decides to do. And the vast majority of abortions are spontaneous abortions, i.e. miscarriage, i.e. God aborted your fetus to test you, it's his plan.

Want to talk about murdering babies and people? Let's talk about that time God flooded the planet and killed every man, woman, child, baby and fetus because he got mad. Correction, everyone but the incest ship crew, that repopulated the entire planet through incest for the second time. Just stop. Don't have an abortion if you don't believe in having one.

Oh boy. I'll just let it go to keep the peace.