GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Do you boil them?

I usually cook them face down in 3/4” of water at 275 for 4 hours, then drain, flip, baste and broil to crisp the top.

Definitely better smoked, but I’m forever torn between building a old school smoker or buying a pellet or electric one that’s more hands off. Eventually I should just build two (one for me, one for my dad) out of stainless

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
What do you have?
I have your DP to your 17950 MP reduced to factory piping and suitcase.
Would like to add muffler and axle back.
A4DCAFDE-4639-42F9-886D-AC97B4EB27D0.jpeg

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I usually cook them face down in 3/4” of water at 275 for 4 hours, then drain, flip, baste and broil to crisp the top.

Definitely better smoked, but I’m forever torn between building a old school smoker or buying a pellet or electric one that’s more hands off. Eventually I should just build two (one for me, one for my dad) out of stainless

I did the traditional smoker routine for about a decade. Wife got me a WiFi/app controlled pellet machine.

I planned on keeping my traditional smoker, for days when I felt like I wanted to be true to the smoking gods... gave it away a week after my pellet was up and running.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I did the traditional smoker routine for about a decade. Wife got me a WiFi/app controlled pellet machine.

I planned on keeping my traditional smoker, for days when I felt like I wanted to be true to the smoking gods... gave it away a week after my pellet was up and running.
Yeah, belt drive pellet machines are terrific.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Stay off of Facebook and you won't read garbage like this.
I don't use facebook lol. Thanks for your input

Heard it at his buddy’s house where he was potentially exposed to an active case of COVID-19, while not obeying stay at home order.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Too many people over here do St louis style ribs...and I hate that kind. Give me some damn baby backs.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
He's strongly against smoking ribs it seems like...

I think he’s still reeling from the DSG>MT comment.

Or maybe he is actually a she, and she calls herself Cilla Carden?!?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I think he’s still reeling from the DSG>MT comment.
I mean, there's really no way around that, is there? I have a manual and have no interest in a DSG, but have to admit that in just about any measurable metric, my transmission loses.