GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I borrowed some extra ammo from a buddy today in case this gets ugly in the next few months. Our government isn't going to be capable of keeping Americans from starving due the the mass incompetence and lack of care displayed so far, so I'm not taking chances.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I borrowed some extra ammo from a buddy today in case this gets ugly in the next few months. Our government isn't going to be capable of keeping Americans from starving due the the mass incompetence and lack of care displayed so far, so I'm not taking chances.

I just need to load more mags.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I just need to load more mags.

Some folks laugh off situations like that, as if they will never happen. It can and it will happen .... when people get pushed to where they have nothing, law enforcement is scarce and jobs have gone away? yeah.....it really could happen. I'm not a prepper at all by any means......but I'm on the low end of ammunition and I have 1k rounds.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My sister was asking which Glocks to look at for her boyfriend, who apparently doesn’t realize how hard gun shopping will be right now with people panic buying.

Snapped these for a size reference. G43 (pictured) and G19 make a great pair for EDC.

Some folks laugh off situations like that, as if they will never happen. It can and it will happen .... when people get pushed to where they have nothing, law enforcement is scarce and jobs have gone away? yeah.....it really could happen. I'm not a prepper at all by any means......but I'm on the low end of ammunition and I have 1k rounds.

Same here, I don’t leave the house without one or both Glocks.

At least a few hundred rounds each of .22, 9mm, 12ga, and .308 at all times if nothing else because it’s cheaper to buy in bulk.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My sister was asking which Glocks to look at for her boyfriend, who apparently doesn’t realize how hard gun shopping will be right now with people panic buying.

Snapped these for a size reference. G43 (pictured) and G19 make a great pair for EDC.

Same here, I don’t leave the house without one or both Glocks.

At least a few hundred rounds each of .22, 9mm, 12ga, and .308 at all times if nothing else because it’s cheaper to buy in bulk.
Nice!
S&W shield in .40 is my EDC. Between my AR-15, AR-10 and winchester 30-30, I'm sitting alright due to bulk buys from a long time ago.

Now, do I THINK it will come to that place.....no. sure don't. but people are irrational and illogical at any given moment.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well VA Just got handed a stay at home order. Smart and glad they specifically said going outside to exercise is allowable.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Nice!
S&W shield in .40 is my EDC. Between my AR-15, AR-10 and winchester 30-30, I'm sitting alright due to bulk buys from a long time ago.

Now, do I THINK it will come to that place.....no. sure don't. but people are irrational and illogical at any given moment.

Agreed, but always prepared!

Well VA Just got handed a stay at home order. Smart and glad they specifically said going outside to exercise is allowable.

My family has been outside 10-12 hours a day. We’d go nuts if it wasn’t for the beautiful weather and plenty to do around the house

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
My family has been outside 10-12 hours a day. We’d go nuts if it wasn’t for the beautiful weather and plenty to do around the house

I've been trying to encourage that, telling the girls to go play outside, but all I hear is "it's too hot" and "the pollen is everywhere". In there defense, everything is covered in green dust.

I'm running out of outdoor stuff. I've even gone around all the beds and pulled weeds up, which is a sign of desperation for me lol.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I've been trying to encourage that, telling the girls to go play outside, but all I hear is "it's too hot" and "the pollen is everywhere". In there defense, everything is covered in green dust.

I'm running out of outdoor stuff. I've even gone around all the beds and pulled weeds up, which is a sign of desperation for me lol.

Our 2 & 6 year olds would stay out there till midnight if we let them lol, but yeah pollen is horrible this time of year.

I’m not complaining though, especially since it’s been 70-80* which is perfect for me. I’ll get used to 90+ once we get there, but prefer our weather now

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Doesn't look like we're going to get shut down here. DeSantis has said he's not going to shut the state down. They're screening people driving into the state from Louisiana, but I haven't heard anything about airplanes at all. I dunno how many people are on these planes, but there's still plenty of planes flying into the state according to https://www.flightradar24.com/. There's a stay at home order on a few cities/counties here, but overall most of us are still going to work. Looks like we're just going to keep doing what we've been doing until the middle of May and then they're going to reevaluate things. Six more weeks of purgatory.

My county voted on whether or not they should do a stay at home order today, obviously they've decided not to. One of the guys that voted was mentioned in an article as saying he could support an order to close down private clubhouses and community pools because of how prone those areas are to spreading. That's all he said though, that he could support it, and no such measure didn't come up for a vote. They're literally just like yeaaa, we could do something about it, maybe later. They keep using the amber alert system to spam our phones and tell us to stay at home and practice social distancing. They just keep saying all they can do is urge us to stay home and can't force us.

I feel like we're just falling behind the virus. Test results are taking 5-7 days to get back. All the numbers we're seeing today are essentially how bad it was a week ago, and we have no idea how bad it is today. New York is at the point now where they'll probably see a couple hundred deaths a day. We should all be trying to not be like New York. I saw we just got another like 3k test kits that are supposed to have results in 45 minutes, but they're gonna need some more asap.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
We are all shut down here in Pinellas Co. Only Grocery, Pharmacy and Phone stores open. All others have the "non-essential...until further notice's" posted. Most people here aren't really taking this too seriously. Monster pick-up, arrogant Florida Cracker mentality obviously. There are cases now and the number is increasing. Just a matter of time.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
We are all shut down here in Pinellas Co. Only Grocery, Pharmacy and Phone stores open. All others have the "non-essential...until further notice's" posted. Most people here aren't really taking this too seriously. Monster pick-up, arrogant Florida Cracker mentality obviously. There are cases now and the number is increasing. Just a matter of time.

The whole essential vs non essential seems rather loosely defined.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
The whole essential vs non essential seems rather loosely defined.

I would agree lol. Some of the grocery stores hear have a wide variety of hours. The kroger appears to still be open until 1am. I think the others were limiting hours due to the need to restock. But maybe regular hours would minimize heavy traffic...

Anybody that works in an area where PPE is required? Ya know like the guy wearing his safety glasses on top of his head... I saw the guy wearing his mask on his chin today... Keeping his chin rolls Corona free (y)