GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Best coilovers on the market !!!

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Dan's words on the subject (if I remember correctly) were "toe kills tires, not camber"

I've installed H2Sport camber plates recently, at max setting, which is -2.5 (their website says 2.0 is max, you actually get a fair amount more). The additional amount of grip available with -2.5 is almost beyond belief, and that's with my stock street tires (Pzero Nero all seasons). The turn-in response is so much faster. You get two fixed settings with these plates, medium and max, I would suspect medium is around -2.0. I don't think running a lot more negative camber is for noobs though, factory understeer gone, and you have to be more careful at the limit. Many highway offramps I can now take another 10mph faster without thinking about it.

Ride quality definitely goes down some. On some bumps not noticeable, but ridges or abrupt changes extremely noticeable. I think if I downgrade to 17" street wheels from my 18" Huffs it would compensate a bit.

I haven't noticed more tire wear, I agree, bad toe is more the tire killer.

The plates are priced very reasonably.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
If your looking for stock like ride quality, these are not for you.

Would it be possible to reduce the spring rates to allow a ride closer to stock, or would that result in a system that is overdamped even if the shocks were wound to softest?

Nice to be able to keep a stockish height, but wondering if it's possible to get closer to stock to avoid drawbacks of progressive springs offered by other brands.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion

Haha good. I would hope so with getting those coils. Only thing I dont like about them is the fact that compression and rebound damping are adjusted together, unless I am mistaken.

Have you tracked on them yet? How do you have them setup? And what spring rates do you have front and rear?

10d

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 CW 5dr. GTI
BlueAHR32 said:
Haha good. I would hope so with getting those coils. Only thing I dont like about them is the fact that compression and rebound damping are adjusted together, unless I am mistaken.

Have you tracked on them yet? How do you have them setup? And what spring rates do you have front and rear?
Correct. They adjustments are not independent. They comes in 9kg/6kg springs. Haven't track then yet. Hopefully next month.

The KW Club Sport can be adjusted independently, but too much for me.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Correct. They adjustments are not independent. They comes in 9kg/6kg springs. Haven't track then yet. Hopefully next month.

The KW Club Sport can be adjusted independently, but too much for me.

Yea the non-independent damping adjustment is my only complaint. Definately post an update once you get out on the track. :thumbsup:

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
the cross are fantastic but in my opinion i think ohlins are the ducks nuts :)

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
the cross are fantastic but in my opinion i think ohlins are the ducks nuts :)

The Ohlins are the best coilovers that are not on the market. :biggrin:

If I ever muster up 3k and strip my interior out for a cage... I'd do it.

Unfortunately I only know how to valve Penskes. So I'd have to buy all the proprietary Ohlins tools and go to school on them.

If anyone ever wants the Ohlins setup... they know where to go.

-----> Simmsled.

:burnrubber:

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
I have installed/tuned several Ohlins systems on motorcycles (worked as a Ducati mechanic for years). Installed only 1 set on an S4 as far as automobiles go.

Ohlins has/will superceed any off-the-shelf suspension kits in the market right now. Sad thing is you have to be like Bill Gates to afford one.