GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The baby Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications FAQ/DIY. Contributions welcome!

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
You might try posting this question in a regional forum. Many of the users here are in markets that don't have the 1.4, so you'll need to focus your question to the right people. :wink:

RedBeardBeer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Nothing
Can't seem to find any good info on the HPFP and a list of good vendor..not looking for opinions just a list of who makes and sells them. help??

bill6211789

Ready to race!
Can't seem to find any good info on the HPFP and a list of good vendor..not looking for opinions just a list of who makes and sells them. help??

APR: 650$ to rebuild yours 1200$ for a new one... expensive, but bulletproof

KMD: DIY kit 400$ no one really trusts them

AutoTech: DIY kit 400$....originally lots of failures but has gotten better two of the highest hp FSI are running them

HPFPUpgrade: 600$ DIY kit or brand new pump 750.. Newer company has pretty good track record. Its the pump im running and im extremely happy with it

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

SEBAM

Exhaust/ engine performance problem

Hi friends,

I´m Sebastian Murillo, a traveller from Chile. I recently bougth a VW GOLF of 2002, with 143.000 km, and I have the following problem, so I really apreciate if one of you could help me.

The car has not enough engine power/performance. Its difficult to gain speed and when is climbing or reverse in a hill i cant do it with out the hand brake (sorry my mistakes in mechanical words but my native lenguage is spanish, so..). I thought maybe the problem was dirty injectors, but i dont think that now, because i added on fuel a injector cleaner and nothing happens. Also, the exhaust gases indicator is turn on permanently. So maybe is the Lamda sensor, but i really dont know. I think i have to do an VAGCOM test.

So anyone here could helpme with this?. I'm a backpacker traveller, so i really don´tn have too much money :/... and when i have to sell it in a few months, i don´t want to sell it with this problem to his next owner. The rest of the car it works amazing, it has a REGO until September. By the way, I really love th VW cars, in fact I have a VW Kombi from 1971 in my country, and it is like part of my family... hehehe..

Thank you very much!

Greetings!

Danik133

Found a 2010 audi a4 parts car that was rolled over. The 2.0 turbo 4 cl fsi engine with auto transmission has 30k miles and both are good. I can get a really good deal on it. Wondering if I can do an engine swap for a 2006 mkv gli. It also has a 2.0l turbo fsi 4cl engine but has a 6 speed standard transmission. It's has 167k on engine and transmission and I'm going to do a clutch/single mass flywheel conversation soon and wanted to see if the audi engine will fit with the 6 speed in the car or would I have to put the auto transmission in as well?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Found a 2010 audi a4 parts car that was rolled over. The 2.0 turbo 4 cl fsi engine with auto transmission has 30k miles and both are good. I can get a really good deal on it. Wondering if I can do an engine swap for a 2006 mkv gli. It also has a 2.0l turbo fsi 4cl engine but has a 6 speed standard transmission. It's has 167k on engine and transmission and I'm going to do a clutch/single mass flywheel conversation soon and wanted to see if the audi engine will fit with the 6 speed in the car or would I have to put the auto transmission in as well?

it will fit fine, trans doesnt matter. For future reference, you can start a new thread in the engine section of this forum to ask questions like that instead of posting a question in an unrelated thread

ChainGangGTI

So I want to go catless on my 09 VW TSI GTI, does anyone know of any down pipes that will not throw on a "MIL" light and/or any tune afterwards that can turn it off?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk