GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thanks, dad!

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
So, last night I lent my Golf to my dad because we were working on his Passat with a friend of mine. We got the Passat fixed last night and I was supposed to bring it to work where my dad would pick it up and bring me my car.

Well, this morning my dad calls me and tells me he had driven my precious into a snowy ditch! Apparently the road had been plowed too wide and the edge had given in. Despite my car being a 4Motion it had to be towed out. Needless to say I was gutted! And just a few days ago my engine preheater took a dump and I had to get a new one for a 140EUR.

The good news is that it seems that the only part broken is my center grille as the ditch was filled with powdery snow. I'm gonna go wash the car later today and check for any damage to the undercarriage and the AC condenser. The paintwork, bumper, wheels, etc. seem fine.

marknouj

The Engineer
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
That sucks dude,

I'm more impressed by the fact that you have an MKV with 4whl drive. I didn't realize they even made those.

I guess that's one of the perks of living in Finland. lol.

at first when i saw the title and read the first few sentences, i thought "yay! his dad must have gotten him a new golf for wrecking his!"

then...i got sad...best of luck in your repairs

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
So, last night I lent my Golf to my dad because we were working on his Passat with a friend of mine. We got the Passat fixed last night and I was supposed to bring it to work where my dad would pick it up and bring me my car.

Well, this morning my dad calls me and tells me he had driven my precious into a snowy ditch! Apparently the road had been plowed too wide and the edge had given in. Despite my car being a 4Motion it had to be towed out. Needless to say I was gutted! And just a few days ago my engine preheater took a dump and I had to get a new one for a 140EUR.

The good news is that it seems that the only part broken is my center grille as the ditch was filled with powdery snow. I'm gonna go wash the car later today and check for any damage to the undercarriage and the AC condenser. The paintwork, bumper, wheels, etc. seem fine.

all I gotta say is:

1. sounds like it could of been worse

2. fck the snow. Hate it with a passion.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
at first when i saw the title and read the first few sentences, i thought "yay! his dad must have gotten him a new golf for wrecking his!"

then...i got sad...best of luck in your repairs

X3

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
hah, thanks guys :D I do hate snow, apart from driving on it. It's alot of fun to drive a 4WD car in the snow! And yeah, my car's a 2.0TDI 4Motion.

I checked the car yesterday and it seems the only damages are the broken center grill in the bumber and a scratched rear rim. I've already ordered a new grill and I'm probably going to paint my wheels anyway before I sell them.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
Too bad you coulnt get a 4motion tdi golf in the states... Your lucky thats all that happened to the car! Could have been much much worse...

jmj

I saw this V6 4Motion in Northern Ireland a couple of years ago.