GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tempted to upgrade to MK6. Good Deal ?

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Quietness, refinement and interior quality are what will be selling points for me. Honestly if they are not improved noticeably I will be switching to a 335I. I have a lot of brand loyalty but it has it's limits.

I have limited experience in the 335 but their potential is beastly, and the tuned 335xi I rode in was a much, much nicer car than mine in nearly every way. It had far better isolation and solidity, and hauled ass while still feeling far more refined than my speedy jalopy. This car was quiet and comfortable and ran 12.7 with less tuning than it currently has. Plus it hooked in the rain way better than my GTI does in the dry. Definitely a car on my short list.

Car(s)
Subaru
Personally I am holding out for the MK7. More than likely the MK7 Golf R im crossing my fingers for a 5 cylinder TFSI. I am at slightly over 400 WHP with my MKV and I feel like even with the LSD its a bit much for FWD. Plus I need a change. I actually keep telling myself Ill leave the next one stock, I have had my fair share of problems and they where all due to modifications I have made.

its going to be the newer tsi engine with a k04 im pretty sure. i 5 would be sick though. but anywyas, im really thinking about getting a mk7 when im done paying my car off in 3yrs. might even go for an r

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
its going to be the newer tsi engine with a k04 im pretty sure. i 5 would be sick though. but anywyas, im really thinking about getting a mk7 when im done paying my car off in 3yrs. might even go for an r

Either that or a 335is; hopefully will be decently priced by the time the MK7 comes out.. I'm sure you'd be able to find plenty of them - good, well taken care of too. Also it's better than it's M3 counterpart in maaany ways.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Either that or a 335is; hopefully will be decently priced by the time the MK7 comes out.. I'm sure you'd be able to find plenty of them - good, well taken care of too. Also it's better than it's M3 counterpart in maaany ways.

How's it better than an M3? Aside from the easier power potential.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
How's it better than an M3? Aside from the easier power potential.

With a 335is you get most of an M3 for a fraction of the price. With the exception of a couple bullshit "driving modes", different styling, and a better stereo, the M3 is really not that far off of the 335is - and then you can start looking at the power potential of them.

Better mileage, more of a sleeper, same suspension as the M3. Same dual clutch gearbox as the M3. More torque than the M3 and power can be easily matched.

Overall it's a better buy. Plus, nothing beats the feeling of driving up to a cocky M3 driver and beating him with your tuned M3 look-a-like :thumbsup:

I guess with the 335is you don't get the fancy mirrors, bumpers and badges though :iono:

*Edit: When I say driving modes, I mean the "M" mode. There are 3 separate settings for suspension on the M3 which can be selected at any time, whichever you prefer. The M mode just puts it on the stiffest setting and makes the throttle response a little better - i.e., useless for every day driving but slightly beneficial on a track. And I mean slightly, it really doesn't do all that much..

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
A 335 isn't much of a sleeper though. As soon as you get that bitch lowered everyone in the car community's going to know it's tuned. It being fast won't come as much of a surprise to M3 drivers.

I agree that they're a better value though. A buddy of mine had a 135. With just a tune, dp's and drag radials he ran 12.3 in the quarter. Another friend ran 12.7 in a 335xi with just a tune and dp's. N54 cars are wicked.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
A 335 isn't much of a sleeper though. As soon as you get that bitch lowered everyone in the car community's going to know it's tuned. It being fast won't come as much of a surprise to M3 drivers.

I agree that they're a better value though. A buddy of mine had a 135. With just a tune, dp's and drag radials he ran 12.3 in the quarter. Another friend ran 12.7 in a 335xi with just a tune and dp's. N54 cars are wicked.

Wellllll yeah, lowering it is asking for trouble but... The M3/335is suspension in any setting is honestly incredible and if it were me I wouldn't touch it. It's even slightly louder stock, so an aftermarket exhaust wouldn't even raise any red flags.

Better yet a 335xi, even cheaper, more of a sleeper, and you get the AWD awesomness in the city for zipping around the city quickly and beating Ferrari's from 0-60 :thumbsup:

But yes, the N54B30 is a sick motor. Even the new N55 can't compare to it. The N52/53 were pretty sad though lol.