GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tarox

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Hey folks! Well my brakes are getting to that point that I will need to replace them soon. I drive over 300 miles a week and I'm at 6mm on the pads so I have 2-3 mm left. I was looking at replacing all with tarox since 600 an axle for pads and rotors isn't outlandishly expensive. I was wondering if any one has any experience with them? I was looking at the f2000 or sport Japan rotors with strada pads. Thanks in advance.

I was thinking EBC as I had before on the GTI but it seems their quality may have gone south.... plus it's the same price point

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You can keep costs down and performance up by buying Stoptech or Centric rotors. Blanks with no holes or slots work great for me at the track which is 10x more work than they are going to get on the street. If you don't mind a bit more dust and want improved braking go with Hawk HPS 5.0. If you prefer stock like dust then go with ceramic pads, still good performance.

Front rotors are 58.00 each Link
Rear rotors are 35.00 each
Hawk HPS F 141.00 Ecstuning prices
Hawk HPS R 83.00

Thats 410 plus shipping and this makes for much stronger set of brakes than stock. I ran this setup for quite a few years. Inexpensive and effective.

Ceramic pads will be of similar cost for quality ones.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Thanks for the insight! I HATE dust which is why I used the green stuff on the GTI. It was easily half the dust over oem and lasted much longer. for some bizarre reason my factory brakes on this thing are noisy. Hot cold wet dry doesn't matter. I didn't mind the raspy noise of the slotted dimples but brake squeals are huge peave of mine. I'll look into the choices you provided. ��

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks for the insight! I HATE dust which is why I used the green stuff on the GTI. It was easily half the dust over oem and lasted much longer. for some bizarre reason my factory brakes on this thing are noisy. Hot cold wet dry doesn't matter. I didn't mind the raspy noise of the slotted dimples but brake squeals are huge peave of mine. I'll look into the choices you provided. ��

Try the Hawk ceramics if you want minimal dust and noise.

The squeal on your stockers is probably just a product of wear and maint. You can pull calipers, clean them with brake cleaner, put some brake/caliper grease on sliders and back side of pads. I usually would replace the clips that act as guides for the brake pad ends and lightly grease the as well. Mostly elbow grease, very little cost and what you want to do when replacing the pads.