GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

T-Red Clear Coat Issue?

JewFro

Ready to race!
While giving my car more thorough cleaning since it was beautiful out today I noticed what look to be clear coat blisters all over the hatch.

This thread shows exactly what they look like:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ssible-Adhesion-Problems-2011-Tornado-Red-GTI

I remembered that thread and tried clay baring an area of the hatch to see if it'd come out. No dice. I messaged the OP of the Vortex thread to see what the final outcome was for him so we'll see what he says but has anyone else experienced this problem?

mark986

Ready to race!
Could always try wet sanding the area lightly of clay baring doesn't work. If you're not comfortable with it, take it to the dealer and let them figure it out so you're not paying out of pocket.

I've seen a thread with defects to the paint, but not exactly as you showed above.

JewFro

Ready to race!
I was going to order a random orbital this season anyways. I'll likley try a more aggressive pad/compound on that area before bringing this up with the dealer.

The OP of the vortex thread said wet sanding took care of the marks and they haven't returned in 6 months.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Bumping this up

Last February I noticed some strange "bubbles" on various parts of the car but these were easily buffed away with my random orbital this spring. Everything was fine until today.

While getting a coat of wax on there before the snow flies I noticed a bunch of spots that looked like tree sap. Upon trying to get remove one with bug & tar remover the sap spot turned out to be a clear coat bubble that cracked and left the base coat exposed.

There are more than a dozen of these spots scattered all over the front of the car

They're much more obvious in person but you can see at the bottom center of the the a-pillar a discolored spot. These are actually little bubbles.

The one that chipped open

Has anyone else see something like this before? I'll definitely be bringing this to the dealer.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Dropped it off at the dealer today

They're going to take pictures and forward them to VW... We'll see what happens.