Sydney: Poll - end 09 GTG date

What date can you make it - MULTIPLE CHOICE OK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Had enough of not being able to get to a GTG.
So what better than to organise one!
I'm working most of the other saturdays so what i've got so far is in the poll.

For those wanting an idea of what it might be like, search for Great South Drive and you should find the last one I organised. Might not have time to do another scout, but route shouldn't be too different.
There's also my Utube vid of that day for those wanting a sped up version of the fun bits - link is off that thread.

Hard part is seeing what dates avoid other Xmas party committments.
Won't bother with October as it won't be enough notice.

Please expect this to be a whole day affair. There will be opportunities to bail out part way through.
If it ends up being a huge turnout then the stops will be increased and more time allowed for lunch.

Poll up! Will fix up the date by end of next week (Sun 11th).

Androo

lolwut... ??
October ... :O October is a bit too close, I've got a fair few things this October.. i dont have a weekend thats free :( maybe a Sunday?

I'm in the same boat as you Funny, I'd like to go for a cruise with golfmkv, haven't been before and since i spam away on here I'd like to put names to faces.

November sounds good but always towards the end of the year it will get harder and harder... Maybe we can have a small GTG to organise :p Homebush near ANZ stadium/Acer Arena for a chit chat etc ? Even during the week one night or something.......

I'm so overdue for one, can you tell? lol

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Didn't make Oct as by the time people say yes to a date you have 2 weeks notice or less.
Was thinking to organise a beach picnic for a more family day - might still do that in the new year. Also means no real spirited driving if you have BBQ/picnic stuff and family in tow.

October is also difficult for me as my family are away reducing support for my wife & kid to do day-day stuff.

If there's enough interest, might try a half day thing in Oct (maybe).

GTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT
November sounds good but always towards the end of the year it will get harder and harder... Maybe we can have a small GTG to organise :p Homebush near ANZ stadium/Acer Arena for a chit chat etc ? Even during the week one night or something.......

Next few weekends expect a few road closures, and large amounts of traffic. October is a busy weekend month... Asphalt will start to be layed down around the precinct soon for the road works.....

Dunno how many ppl are into it, but the Sydney 500 is on during Dec 5th weekend

Week after that would be good

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Next few weekends expect a few road closures, and large amounts of traffic. October is a busy weekend month... Asphalt will start to be layed down around the precinct soon for the road works.....

Dunno how many ppl are into it, but the Sydney 500 is on during Dec 5th weekend

Week after that would be good

Is that around the Homebush area GTom?

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Oh yeah - the whole race around thing that was in the papers. Nuff said - must avoid!

Androo

lolwut... ??
What ever happened to the GJ meets?

Or the random chit chat meets?

chaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Sat 21st Nov would be OK for me. The 5th Dec is day after work Xmas party.

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Where we are going is well off the beaten track and not able to be targetted by radar/lidar as there's just nowhere to do it!

Still won't stop them from holding us up roadside for defect inspection, but route is under wraps for now.
Lets keep it that way (for now, will do final route as done previously - by PM)

Maluko GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV Gti
Nov will be good, enough time to organise everything...
Also dyno day is already late Oct so thats a meet on its own....