GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Switched to 375ml nozzle from 225ml

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Switched to a single 375ml nozzle tonight and noticed a big difference. The car is definitely much quicker. I only drove 7 miles so will post more tomorrow but the tire broke traction in 3rd at a much higher rpm where it never used to with revs that high. Could be because my tires were still cold but don't think so. It was much more violent of a traction loss than usual. I alsohave some confirmation on it being the nozzle as GIACuser experienced the same thing when he went to a bigger nozzle. I only lowered my start setting to 6 psi from 7psi full at 12 still.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
Cool, @200 psi that should be around 520ml/min of flow. I have two nozzles on my car, stock turbo, and I'm running just under 500ml/min, so you could probably go a little higher if you adjusted your pressure, or added a small nozzle to a tb spacer. That's the largest you're gonna be able to go with a single SP nozzle though, since their next one is almost 3x the flow of what you have now

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Let me know what your usage is like. Glad it is working for you. I could just not get it to run cleanly from bottom to top no matter what I tried but again I was injecting at the TB. The new DM tune with my dual nozzle setup is working very well, much stronger than GIAC tune ever felt. It does have the advantage of being tuned around the water meth and it makes a difference.

175ml off of intercooler exit elbow
100ml at TB plate
Stock Snow pump pressure - according to John at Snow my pump is set at 220psi

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
The 175+100 snow nozzles are a good setup for a well modded stage2 or k04 setup, as you found. They should be usable for a decent range of mods depending on the psi the pump is set to.. I ran them at 200psi, which is ~496ml/min, combined at 220psi is ~526ml/min, while the single 375 nozzle is around 550ml/min, and at 250 psi, combined they would be in the 650-660ml/min range according to my testing

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Switched to a single 375ml nozzle tonight and noticed a big difference. The car is definitely much quicker. I only drove 7 miles so will post more tomorrow but the tire broke traction in 3rd at a much higher rpm where it never used to with revs that high. Could be because my tires were still cold but don't think so. It was much more violent of a traction loss than usual. I alsohave some confirmation on it being the nozzle as GIACuser experienced the same thing when he went to a bigger nozzle. I only lowered my start setting to 6 psi from 7psi full at 12 still.

Where is your WM nozzle placed? i have mine (DO03 @ 280ml, thanks Cryptic) in the "middle" of the throttle body pipe,

Last edited:

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
You guys may have seen it already, but I did a bit of flow testing on different nozzles.. I have to get my ass in gear and do some more testing though, someone just sent me the entire range of DO microdroplet nozzles, and a handful of newer aquamist nozzles to test

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181764

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
My nozzle is in the middle of the TB pipe. I have another bung on the bottom of it I could utilize if I desire.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Subd. Glad the new setup is working well.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Bun.

The only other thing that i could possibly add is a 60ml nozzle in the lower bung. Or maybe just some N20 ;)

The vehicle definitely is much quicker. In wot runs from third to fourth gear it would sometimes feel like it would fall flat and loose power maybe timing was being pulled. This does not happen anymore. It keeps pulling hard. Again I only drive like 7-10 miles to work so i will continue to update the next few days as I drive it more. Friday I have some things to do across town so i should be able to get some really good driving impression then.

Last edited:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
82 degrees here today and the car pulls very strong. Usually in these temps you can feel noticeable drop in power and it simply was not the case. Again as I stated before, wot in third then shifting to fourth, there is no drop in power as I used to find sometimes. It just keeps pulling hard.
Also of note is that in about four years of having the system installed I never took the nozzle out to clean it. Methanol is a very powerful solvent and I have always had the belief that if your using good water there should be very little reason to clean it. My suspicions were confirmed as when removing the nozzle it was very clean. There was a tiny bit of dirt in one spot that was all.
Overall this was a very good upgrade providing much more and consistent power over the rev range. I will probably wait until the temps raise into the 90's before logging again so I have a better comparison from my old logs.. Might not log it again though as I'm more than satisfied with the results.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I just turned off my w/m system and switched back to 91 tune so I can warantee my check valve, my car feels slow :(

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Vegas, how big is your meth res and where's it mounted?

Stock washer resivior. Usually lasts me two weeks or more. Most times I don't activate my wm system in normal driving. I had started to add a backup tank to increase capacity but never finished the project since it last me so long but basically I tapped the top of my tank and installed a push to lock fitting. An additional tank can be mounted with a separate tiny pump to refill your tank. They have a few sizes with pumps built in.

http://store.amequipment.com/windshield-washer-components-4l-washer-bottles-c-6_29.html?osCsid=c485fa91dff602d7139577a4bfa74c87

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks for leading the way on the benefits of more mix. I am at 325 and it isn't enough for the tune. Going to 400 tomorrow and calling it quits after DM dials in whatever advance we can get out of this . Hard to believe the difference in power just from going from 225 to 325.