GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sway bar bracket shearing anyone ever seen this?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
So my rear right away bar bracket (the c shaped one) sheared. I and the shop have never seen this before. It's not that big of a deal really, but have never seen or heard of this. I don't track it and have the least agressive springs you can get which are not the issue it happened before they were installed about a month ago. That said my car was fairly stiff with front and rear bars plus Koni yellows.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
What bracket? Have a pic?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I will post a picture tomorrow. Throwing the car on lift tomorrow to change my wm nozzle. But basically it's the C bracket that attaches the bar/poly mount to the rear sub frame. The one the goes over the poly bushing.

oh weird, haven't heard of that.

OE or aftermarket brackets? for some reason the whiteline front uses the OE bracket (you have to drill out the rivnuts) but the rear uses whiteline brackets.

Shouldn't be hard to replace, anyway.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Aftermarket brackets. Not hard at all maybe 5 min on a lift if that.

dunno if OE Sport's are less aggressive that Eibach ProKit.

The sways and the springs are both part of the total spring amount in the car. With soft springs and a stiff bar - configuration both of us have - there's probably a fair amount of strain on that bracket.

But it's still probably just a defective bracket. And hell, you can probably get one at autozone.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oe sports only dropped me like. 2-.3 of an inch and are supposed to be the lowest spring rate out there. Not really sure because hr won't release the specs but I was thinking along the same lines as you. Stock springs and stiffer other parts probably causes more stress on the bracket. Going to see how much he sport wants for the new bracket. Hopefully the new springs will make sure it doesn't transpire again

huh. Well my pro-kits are pretty cushy but i actually miss the inch and a bit i lost.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
My bars are the hsport set. I contacted them about the issue and they asked me to contact them about a replacement. If it fails again i will consider those beastly brackets i just dont think they are necessary for a fail once every five years. I can imagine one bracket costing me more than $20 to replace.