GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Swap.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I hit up my local shop today, to order a couple wm pieces. We got to talking, and before I. Know it, shop owner asks if I want to trade straight across for the shop car.
B5 S4. RS4 converted.

Thoughts?

k04 and stuff.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well the 2.7T engine is quite nice, had one. My buddy had the upgraded 2.7T with the K04's and the top end was very strong. With very little effort it is 450hp car if it is running the larger turbos with gobs of torque. I am assuming when they say it is RS4 they upgraded to the larger K04 turbos and intercoolers.

You will have to eval the condition of the S4 as it is probably quite a bit older than your car and can be more expensive for parts etc. but the looks of that car with the RS4 body kit and the power to back it up is still an awesome car today. Also, love the AWD. Makes for an awesome track car and you are using all factory parts.

Good luck. Post a pic so the rest of use can see what you are considering. Have you ridden in it?

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Well, we went over mods. Has the k04s making 18 psi on a tweaked GIAC tune.
Mods include-
Intake, turbos, intercoolers, injectors, straight piped, suspension, rear sway bar, stage 4 clutch masters, lightweight flywheel. Lots, can't remember all. No meth, no internals though. I'll see if I can find some pics. But owner did say he'll include a complete long block, he picked up to build.
Haven't ridden in it. Sat in it. It's decent. I'm just having a hard time considering it, because is be reading for an older car for one, with more miles (I'm at 89k) and my GTI is my baby. As my wife says lol.
As for looks, looks like an S4.
He said he wants to turn my car into the shops rep car, GT30ish, built motor. You know. The usual BT stuff.

k04 and stuff.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Here's some pics... I'll ask him if he has anything better.

k04 and stuff.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
First off....hatch > trunk.

That being said, B5S4s are sweet cars...especially upgraded with bigger turbos. I'm sure it's a fun car, but you must also consider the reputation of the 2.7t motor as being out of the car for repair more than in the car running. Yes, it can make great power, but from the people I know with B5S4s, they can require a lot of work and some of this is engine-out work. Just know what you are getting into. If you're okay with extensive repairs, should things go wrong, and can do work yourself, by all means, do it. AWD is a sweet upgrade, especially in the winter (well, guess in cali, prob makes no difference LOL).

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
First off....hatch > trunk

This.

Also, it would include a spare complete long block. So, theoretically, I could run it as-is, the boost is pretty conservative. And build the long block, from the ground up. Maybe some nice twin gtx3076r action? I know, all that would be money. And I'm currently broke lol. But, options. I wouldn't mind having it, because it is a bigger car.

But, he will be selling, just so y'all know.

k04 and stuff.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
This.

Also, it would include a spare complete long block. So, theoretically, I could run it as-is, the boost is pretty conservative. And build the long block, from the ground up. Maybe some nice twin gtx3076r action? I know, all that would be money. And I'm currently broke lol. But, options. I wouldn't mind having it, because it is a bigger car.

k04 and stuff.

I ran with quite a few 2.7T owners the motor lives fine with the K04 upgrades just like our motors. The motor was no more problematic than my 2.0T which has had almost zero problems in 7+ years. They had the same DV problems we have and one particular hose on the system used to tear from the advanced boost pressure more often than it should but other than that all the ones I ran with went 100K + miles with very few problems if well maintained. It was the Y splitter up on top and easy to change, it would tear on a regular basis, just kept screwdriver and replacement in glove box, it was a 5 min fix.

The motor has many similariites to our 4cyl motor and because it is a 6 cyl bi-turbo motor the expense of building it will be about 1.5 times more just because of the number of parts and add another 50% for audi name. Turbo work, remember it is always x2 as each bank has its own turbo.

Having said that, you know what you have into your GTI and getting an unknown new car that is high mileage is probably going to thousand dollar you to death very quickly. Unless you have deep pockets I would keep what you have. If it is a GIAC tuned 2.7T with K04's it is pretty impressive above 60mph though, at least get a ride in it, should be fun if it is properly dialed in.

If you are thinking about it, ask him how much he would want for it with a fresh built motor. Trade plus how much cash.....

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
This.

k04 and stuff.

Looked around at what folks have done lately with the 2.7t and 800whp is fairly easy if you have the wallet. It would surprise a lot of folks.