GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension noise when turning at low speed

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Even if he did use new one it could be the culprit, exactly what happened to me. Bought new strut bearings and bushing from one of our vendors. One failed after install causing the buckling noise only heard at parking lot speeds. I put new strut bearings/bushing purchased from the VW dealer and problem was gone.

I used sparkly new bearings from Dealer. Noise didn't change from the get go. It's not the bearings.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Could it be an issue with the steering rack?

It's also possible the new camber plates don't dampen sounds that have been there for a while that you now hear more clearly since I'm assuming the plates have solid metal where there was once rubber to control NVH. It still sounds like something is wrong with the car...perhaps one of the new bearings was defective or installed incorrectly.

Maximum6

FASTER
I had a few people verify, that with the setup I have, it is all normal.

Also the sound has been less noticeable than when it was new.

mats__

Car(s)
Golf
Hi,

I have a mk5 golf and some times I noticed a weird sound from front side when I am in very slow speed and turning the wheel to park. This noise is not produced when stationary and with high speeds. I have change suspensions, top mounts and silent block recently. However, this didn't fix the issue. The sound is recorded in this video ( occuring on 0:09-0:15)
Any idea what is causing this noise?
noise steering vw golf