GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

suspension install- Northwest CT

jad413

Ready to race!
Hi guys, I just bought some lightly used Koni STR.T struts and H&R springs... here's the fun part: I have no idea how to install them! Well, I have some idea. I've participated in such things, but on other cars. If anyone can lend some advice, or steer me toward a professional/experienced person who wont bend me over on labor/time, I would appreciate it.

I have a garage available to me, plus your basic hand tools. Apparently I need a strut spreader, triple square bit, axle socket, possibly a spring compressor and (I'm assuming) a sh!tload of PB blaster if I'm going to attempt this at home. I have a relative who is a professional mechanic, but lift time is sparse at his job and I hate to ask him to work off the clock after working on cars all day, lol. If I can secure his help and his shop, I'll just do it there, but otherwise it's gonna be DIY and I'm less than confident in my ability to accomplish this alone. The parts will probably arrive next week or the week after, and I'm in no immediate rush. Anyone who can help will receive my gratitude, pizza and beer, and of course some cash, but I don't know how much.