GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Surewin dp gasket..

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
I bought a Surewin dp off ebay over the summer and when I did the install I used the new gasket from Surewin. I read to just use the old factory one but I didnt cause my car had 85k on it at the time and the gasket was bent and pretty beat up. I have read some of Vikings posts on here about his cracked turbo, and it was cause his gasket burned up. Now I'm worried about something like this happening.

So my question to you guys is there anyone that is running dp gaskets from an ebay dp or even another aftermarket dp. Any issues? I'm trying to decide if I should buy an oem gasket and get under there to change it out.

Thanks for the help..

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
cant comment on the subject but if you are worried a lot of peice of mind can come from a $10 part.... id say jsut change it

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
yeah i know its cheap. Its just gonna be a bitch to do cause its cold and there is snow on the ground already. I know I'm gonna change it out eventualy I'm just trying to decide if its gonna be ok to wait till spring. Its been on for 4 months as of now.

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
I just installed a surewin on a buddy of mines car. I replaced the shit gasket with an oem version. Just crawl under the car and look at the turbo and downpipe. If there are black char marks around where the gasket should be then its burnt through. You can also hear an exhaust leak or smell exhaust when the car is running if you have a leak. If your that worried, hit me up when the weather breaks and I can crawl in there and tell you, but usually a leak is audible. Your probably ok.

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
Its a normal gasket i used it when i installed my surewin dp. You will be fine, and good choice with not spending alot of money on a piece of metal..the surewin dp does its job GOOOD with nice gains. Ask me how i know....Only thing you should change is the V clamp the ebay once are very cheap i went with the atp v band clamp when you compare the two the atp clamp is almost twice as thick.

JamDawg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI 4 DOOR
No issues with mine but it was pretty cheap. I just used a good amount of high temp gasket maker.